It is currently April 27th, 2024, 12:34 pm

Please help...Trying to access CPU Data

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
santa_ryan

Re: Please help...Trying to access CPU Data

Post by santa_ryan »

Heres a modified ini that does exactly what you want but not exactly how you imagined it would work (=

The ability to smooth the cpu percentage is indirectly built into the very measure that reads it using AverageSize=
stats.zip
I have three rules when I'm trying to help you.
  • Don't get mad when you don't understand something
  • Be VERY specific with what you ask for.
    The more specific you are, the higher the quality of support you receive.
  • Do not just copy and paste what I put in examples and come back saying it doesn't work.
    It does work, but I purposely left blanks that you need to fill for your specific needs.
dberm22

Post by dberm22 »

santa_ryan wrote:Heres a modified ini that does exactly what you want but not exactly how you imagined it would work (=

The ability to smooth the cpu percentage is indirectly built into the very measure that reads it using AverageSize=
stats.zip
I changed AverageSize in the CPU to 250 instead of 1000, but thank you so much! I'm kind of bummed I couldn't figure it out myself, but hey...now I can actually do my job when I'm at work :D . Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! :thumbup:
santa_ryan

Post by santa_ryan »

Well, i tried doing it your way and i almost got it but it was a large amount of coding that was pointless. I thought about it for a while and went well hey, If the update speed is super fast the average will be roughly the actual percentage of the CPU but it will be gradually ramped up or down.
I have three rules when I'm trying to help you.
  • Don't get mad when you don't understand something
  • Be VERY specific with what you ask for.
    The more specific you are, the higher the quality of support you receive.
  • Do not just copy and paste what I put in examples and come back saying it doesn't work.
    It does work, but I purposely left blanks that you need to fill for your specific needs.
dberm22

Post by dberm22 »

santa_ryan wrote:Well, i tried doing it your way and i almost got it but it was a large amount of coding that was pointless. I thought about it for a while and went well hey, If the update speed is super fast the average will be roughly the actual percentage of the CPU but it will be gradually ramped up or down.
I lied. While your solution worked well, it was destroying my CPU. My Rainmeter's CPU usage jumped up from 3% to 24% when running the single skin!

My solution was extremely simple. I took the original skin and merely added AverageTime=10 to the readings. Yea, there's a delay, but I don't really care. My Rainmeter's CPU usage instantly dropped to 3%.

Thanks for all the time and effort you put into it, but in the end, I went with my solution. If it wasn't for you, I would have never known about the AverageTime function.