It is currently April 27th, 2024, 8:31 am

Click Through + MouseOver?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Virginityrocks

Click Through + MouseOver?

Post by Virginityrocks »

I need help with this code. Nothing is wrong with it, really. It works. But the way it should work is that it should have an effect on mouse over, but still be able to click through. When I enable click through the hover effect is non-existent. How can I have both?

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=86400000

[Tile]
Meter=Image
ImageName=C:\Users\Black Square\Pictures\Custom Icons\tile2.png
X=(((#SCREENAREAWIDTH# / 2) - 14) - 126)
Y=0

SolidColor=0,0,0,1
MouseOverAction=!execute [!RainmeterShowMeter Icon][!RainmeterRedraw]
MouseLeaveAction=!execute [!RainmeterHideMeter Icon][!RainmeterRedraw]
MouseActionCursor=0

[Icon]
Meter=Image
X=((#SCREENAREAWIDTH# / 2) - 64)
Y=50
h=128
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
ImageName=C:\Users\Black Square\Pictures\Custom Icons\Facebook.ico
Hidden=1
Droptop Four
Dropdown menu bar & app launcher for Windows & Rainmeter
Scolex

Re: Click Through + MouseOver?

Post by Scolex »

You can't, the click through function effectively tells the cursor/mouse "ignore me I am not here".
What are you trying to do there may be an alternative by layering 2 skins. I don't know if z-index
is supported by rainmeter but if it is that may be another alternative. I searched the manual for
"z-index" in several different formats and didn't get any hits but it could be named something else.
Virginityrocks

Re: Click Through + MouseOver?

Post by Virginityrocks »

What I'm trying to do is have icons that popup in the center of the screen when I hover over the application bar icons for Windows 7. There are invisible boxes over each icon labelled Tile1 Tile2 Tile 3 etc., and when I hover over them it displays the appropriate icon in its full 256x256 resolution.

But if I can't click through these invisible tiles then I can't click the icon to open the program. And if I set the tile to hide on mouse over, then it triggers the mouseleave action, which is to stop showing the 256x256 icon and reshow the tile, causing the icon to strobe. I have tried methods which work but are not very attractive or effective, like placing a thick invisible bar that has equal length to my screen resolution placed just above the application bar that hides all icons on mouseover.
Droptop Four
Dropdown menu bar & app launcher for Windows & Rainmeter