It is currently March 29th, 2024, 8:08 am

Sound spectrum visualizer skin?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Riboe

Sound spectrum visualizer skin?

Post by Riboe »

Hey there, been using Rainmeter for quite some time now and I've also written a couple of skins... However, my knowledge about LUA and the capabilities of Rainmeter is very limited, so I've got a question for you guys:
Is it possible to create a skin which can display a spectrum analyzer on the desktop? Similar to the one from Samurize..
Either for a specific media player (Zune, in my case) or just by analyzing every sound played by the computer. The latter would obviously be best, since it would be compatible with all media players.
If any of you is confused and don't know what I mean, then have a look: http://hostilefork.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/spectrum_analyzer_shirt.gif

I did some searching and found a couple of threads about this, but both were nearly 2 years old and a lot have happened since then.

If it actually is possible, is anyone up for the challenge of making it a reality? ;)
Chewtoy

Re: Sound spectrum visualizer skin?

Post by Chewtoy »

This is most likely not possible at the current snippet in time I'm afraid.
Rainmeter has now way to read the current sound levels, and as far as I know this is not a possibility in LUA either. It might be, but I don't think so at least.

Anyhow. Your best bet might be to write a C# plugin that reads that info for you and has a nice manner for Rainmeter to interface with.
But so far there is nothing that supports this.
Sadly enough this is the best I could find that might help you http://u-scripts.blogspot.com/2010/02/audio-spectrum-analyser-equalizer.html
And that ain't a lot....
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
Riboe

Re: Sound spectrum visualizer skin?

Post by Riboe »

Aww.. That's too bad. :/

I don't know the C# and LUA languages well enough to create a plugin by myself, but thanks for your help anyway.