It is currently April 27th, 2024, 7:29 pm

Has anyone tried rainmeter on a touch=screen system yet?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
JoBu

Has anyone tried rainmeter on a touch=screen system yet?

Post by JoBu »

Just wondering if anyone has used rainmeter on a touch screen system yet, and if so what they thought about it, performance and usability wise.
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Has anyone tried rainmeter on a touch=screen system yet?

Post by Alex2539 »

A touchscreen system is no different from any other, so there is no difference in performance compared to the same system with a normal screen. As for usability, most Rainmeter skins are completely visual, serving system information, news, etc. Since there is no direct interaction, there is again no difference between a touch- and non-touchscreen system. The difference comes in with the few skins you would normally click on. RSS feeds often let you click the title to read the story, some recycle bin skin let you empty the bin, etc. Some of the hit areas can be a little bit small for a finger touch, making them tough to use. However the beauty of Rainmeter is that you can always look for a more appropriate skin, or make a new one to suit your needs.
ImageImageImageImage
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Alex2539 wrote:A touchscreen system is no different from any other, so there is no difference in performance compared to the same system with a normal screen. As for usability, most Rainmeter skins are completely visual, serving system information, news, etc. Since there is no direct interaction, there is again no difference between a touch- and non-touchscreen system. The difference comes in with the few skins you would normally click on. RSS feeds often let you click the title to read the story, some recycle bin skin let you empty the bin, etc. Some of the hit areas can be a little bit small for a finger touch, making them tough to use. However the beauty of Rainmeter is that you can always look for a more appropriate skin, or make a new one to suit your needs.
So what is "middle click"? LOL
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

jsmorley wrote: So what is "middle click"? LOL
Click it with your tongue.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
JoBu

Post by JoBu »

Laughin.

Good points Alex, I was really just wondering if anyone had used it on their touchscreen yet and found the skins usability to be of benefit so far as functionality goes... I guess the simple way to say it is that I see rainmeter as another step to making computer gui's like the ones you see on tv or in movies, where they move things around and swipe things away with their fingers. I'd really like to push the functionality towards that rather than continuing to make link-to skins and simple displays. Just figured I'd pose the question, see what returns.
n1nj4Lo

Post by n1nj4Lo »

dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

I believe there is a thread here somewhere that a user says he set up touch screen in his car and used Rainmeter.