It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:17 am

Newpaper Desktop 1.0

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
staaak

Re: Newpaper Desktop 1.0

Post by staaak »

JpsCrazy wrote:
7.) For a music player, you could possibly make the top right picture (girl with her dress caught) have the controls underneath the actual picture, and have the album art over it. When music isn't playing, the regular picture would show, when playing you'd have album art. Tada! But, again, the cigarrette is in the way.

And I really like the notes skin concept you have there.
Thanks for this awesome theme!
The note skin is spectacular!! Great! But, in my opinion, is better on the other side, over the girl and not over the clock!
The music player over the girl with her dress caught is a great idea!! Thank you!!!
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

The music player could be an old tape style voice recorder partially covering the pic of the girl with her dress caught. The picture could change to show the album art and maybe the song title could be written on the cassette inside the voice recorder.
Tatenokai

Post by Tatenokai »

JpsCrazy wrote: 5) Nope, 'like-ing'. I just think the Personal Windows Desktop should be a Rainmeter skin where you can change the text to whatever our little hearts desire, or maybe just some generic newspaper title. Just not Personal Windows Desktop. A small, unnecessary cosmetic difference, but you said any feedback. :P
Oups, I read too fast. Yeah, no problem. I think it will be done, but for now I have more important modifications to do.
Thanks for the codes, They're working great !

I Have already done the burning cigarette (note that the last one is off) and the Evenig edition skin (cf Attachment).

For the notes skin, I still think its best place is above the aviator picture.

For the music player I think the tape could really be a nice skin idea for the music player. I'm going to work on it.
But on what player should it work (winamp or foobar, Itunes) ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Newspaper Desktop [Link]

JpsCrazy

Post by JpsCrazy »

Yeah, it was a unnecessary change. :P Completely understandable.

And you're welcome! I'm excited to see how this all looks for the next update.

For the music player I'd say iTunes, just because well, I use it. But obviously other people use other things.
Your best bet is to make a skin for WinAmp and iTunes. And I suppose Foobar too.
staaak

Post by staaak »

You are doing a great job!!

Personally, i use foobar, but with foo_winamp_spam it emulates a Winamp 2.x window so existing plugins you have that use the Winamp API can continue to work with foobar2000 with minimal trouble.
Tatenokai

Post by Tatenokai »

Thanks. I searched a winamp player skin with an album art to see how it works but didn't really found one. Does anyone have a link ?

For the next Version you'll have to wait a bit more. :D Still a lot of things to do, and and I want everything to be perfect if I can.
Newspaper Desktop [Link]

staaak

Post by staaak »

This one is an add-on for "illustro" theme, but without the album art, this is similar but with the album!
Tatenokai

Post by Tatenokai »

Thanks for the links, I will test it tomorrow !
Newspaper Desktop [Link]

Tatenokai

Post by Tatenokai »

I tried the second skin and it's not really working. The contol buttons work but the artist/album names don't appear. Also the album art won't appear. It's strange...
I think the problem is linked to the foo_httpcontrol.dll, but I dont find exactly what.

Meanwhile I have added the Skin Config by fediaFedia for the main Variables, seems to be working great.
Newspaper Desktop [Link]

Matt

Post by Matt »

Tatenokai wrote:I tried the second skin and it's not really working. The contol buttons work but the artist/album names don't appear. Also the album art won't appear. It's strange...
I think the problem is linked to the foo_httpcontrol.dll, but I dont find exactly what.
I've tried that skin before. It relies on an old version of foo_httpcontrol, and the instructions for both of those skins point users to the foo_winamp_spam.dll, which, personally, I would stay away from. It's buggy, no longer being developed, and labeled as crashware over at the foobar2000 forums.

Check out the foo_vis_shpeck component. While it has other functions, I only use it as a (much better) replacement for foo_winamp_spam in foobar. I also recommend checking out the latest release of Gnometer, in which poiru has brilliantly made use of a lua script to separate artist and song title info. The same script is used in both the Winamp and foobar skins. It's really cool.

Other than that outdated version of foo_httpcontrol, I'm not aware of any other solutions-- good, bad, or otherwise-- for displaying art from foobar in a skin.