It is currently April 25th, 2024, 6:54 am

New to rainmeter

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Awaz

New to rainmeter

Post by Awaz »

Well, obviously I am a rainmeter noob. I went over the rainmeter 101, downloaded it and played around with it. But it did not seem to be what I was expecting....I could see the CPU, hardrive, etc. etc. information on the side based on the skins I loaded. But what I also wanted is to somehow get rid (hide/remove) all the desktop icons and put them in a custom bar or dock.... Not quite sure how I do it.....I just did not like looking at my windows task bars and all desktop items on one side and the other information from skins on the other side....so, what do you guys do to hide the windows task bar and somehow reconfigure the desktop icons? If you hide the windows task bar, is there a way to access items in it from somewhere within rainmeter? or do you do something like hide/unhide when you mouse over it?
Scolex

Re: New to rainmeter

Post by Scolex »

What operating system are you using?
Rainmeter has nothing to do with the desktop icons or taskbar if you want something for that I can make suggestions based on the OS you are using.
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

Rainmeter is not a Shell replacement.
It won't act as your taskbar, startbutton or your systemtray. It won't hide your icons either.

What you can do is use other software, or just disable icons on the desktop and use autohide for the bar.

Personally I use bbLean.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
Awaz

Post by Awaz »

aha - I think my brain cells are beginning to tickle now... I am using windows 7 home premium. any suggestions to hide/customize the desktop icons and start bar?
Scolex

Post by Scolex »

to hide the desktop icons just right click on desktop-->view-->uncheck "show desktop icons"
I use stardock's object dock and have the windows task bar set to autohide.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

In a 21st century version of Windows, it's actually "right click / Personalize / Change Desktop Icons".
Scolex

Post by Scolex »

I have Windows 7 and it is right click-->view (cascading menu)-->uncheck "show desktop icons" :D
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Scolex wrote:I have Windows 7 and it is right click-->view (cascading menu)-->uncheck "show desktop icons" :D
Ah, you are right. It's in both places.