It is currently April 19th, 2024, 10:08 pm

NEW and highly confused

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Shawny.boy10

NEW and highly confused

Post by Shawny.boy10 »

windows 7 64 bit
so i just started and don't know what the heck to do im using the enigma preview and i don't know how to customize it i tried to enter my g mail account info it didn't work, and then i tried entering my city code that i found of yahoo like it suggested it didn't work either, and finally how do i change my links at the top that are itune, picasa, firfox, notpad, and trillian. i do not know how to change them id like to Facebook.com as one of them and Netflix as another so how do i do that i tired putting facebook.com in the app2 Path but it wasnt working so what the heck do i do?

thx
RTTLP

Re: NEW and highly confused

Post by RTTLP »

Howdy,

So I'm about as new as you are, but it sounds like when you put facebook.com in the app2 path, you didn't Refresh the skin. If you do not Refresh it, the skin will act as it did before you changed the .ini, so right click and click "Refresh Skin" and that should work. (Also, remove the #'s from around the path if you haven't already)

Now if you want to change the icon to a facebook icon, that will require getting an icon package (or there's probably a single icon out there for something as popular as facebook) but I'm not sure how to go about installing it.

I'm just answering this to tide you over 'til someone with some actual experience can come along and tell you something useful. :) Have a nice day.
Falconer

Re: NEW and highly confused

Post by Falconer »

Okay, you said you are really new, so I'm going to try to not assume anything. If you have already figured some of this out, don't think I'm insulting you, I'm just trying to be as clear as possible. Here we go.

First, lets change the iTunes launcher to launch Facebook.com.

In the Enigma Configuration, select App1, and change it to "Facebook." (By changing the label you'll be able to tell if the other changes you are making are applying successfully.) So type it in and click "Set Value." Next, move on to App1Path. You need to type in the full URL, in this case "http://www.facebook.com." (no quote marks or period, of course.) After changing it, again click "Set Value." When you are done changing settings, make sure to hit the "Save All" button near the top right of the configuration utility. After you have changed the settings and saved them, right click the skin that you just changed. (App1 is originally the iTunes launcher, I think.) In the right click menu that pops up, select "Refresh Skin." The skin should now display the word "Facebook" and when you click it, your default web browser will launch the Facebook home page.

Note that if you only changed the "App1" and "App1Path" settings, then the laucnher wll read
Facebook
Player
to change the word "player," change the App1Label like you changed the other two App1 settings.

Now, if you go into the Enigma Configuration utility, set a bunch of different values for a bunch of different skins, and save it all, then it is a real pain to go about your desktop right clicking each skin and selecting "refresh skin." A better idea is to find the Rainmeter tray icon (should be in the popup system tray box in your windows taskbar), right click it, and select "Refresh All." This refreshes all the skins you have loaded at once.

Just like RTTLP, I'm no expert, but if you have more questions about Rainmeter don't hesitate to ask.

If you have more questions specific to the Enigma skin set, Kaelri maintains an open Enigma support thread here at the forums.

If you want to learn the basics of how Rainmeter skins work and try your hand at building some basic skins of your own, then Rainmeter.net has a great Rainmeter 101 section that can guide you through it. I'd start there.

Welcome to Rainmeter, good luck, and best regards. :)