It is currently April 16th, 2024, 11:50 pm

What kind of Rainmeter user are you?

General topics related to Rainmeter.

Designer - You like using other peoples skins, but yearn to make your own. Writing code scares you, and you ask Coders for help.
14%
Coder - You have written the code for many skins, but borrow the talents of a Designer for the graphic details.
14%
Jack or Jill - You don't mind writing some code, and can fire up Photoshop on demand.
43%
Developer - Damn it, I'm a Rainmeter developer and proud of it!
14%
New - I just started using Rainmeter, and not sure where to go from here.
14%

Total votes: 21
Pandora

Post by Pandora »

After playing with Rainmeter for the last month and more, I've been thinking about what kind of people actually use Rainmeter, and what they do with it. Hence, this Poll. Need more be said? I looked around to see if anyone else had done this, btw, and didn't see anything. If I missed something, please let me know.

Wow, I am so out of it. I picked Designer, simply because while I can write code, I've got more experience working with graphics.
Last edited by Pandora on December 17th, 2010, 6:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chewtoy

Re: What kind of Rainmeter user are you?

Post by Chewtoy »

How about coder without graphics? If by graphics you mean pictures and other horrible things.
Sort of hard to not make rainmeter graphical as it's GUI-oriented...
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
Pandora

Post by Pandora »

Chewtoy, you have a point. I got a bit stuck when putting this poll together.

By graphics I meant icons, round corners, detail embellishments, above and beyond a plain background and a coupler of meter lines :) Stuff that requires the use of a 3rd party graphical application such as Photoshop.

Do ya think I should edit da poll?

-Pandora
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

I suppose I'd place myself in the "Jack or Jill" category. I know my way around both Notepad++ and Photoshop, but I wouldn't call myself an expert in either coding or design. I just learn whatever I need to know, whenever I need to know it, in order to achieve a particular result. Maybe you could call me a "Googler." :)