It is currently April 16th, 2024, 11:32 pm

Making Rainmeter shine

General topics related to Rainmeter.
mrcheese24

Making Rainmeter shine

Post by mrcheese24 »

Hi, I was just toying around with some things and I was wondering if there was an easy way to make something shine, like its lit up or something.. I tried making multiple images with different colours and opacities but it just wasn't looking very clean. Any help is greatly appreciated .
poiru
Developer

Re: Making Rainmeter shine

Post by poiru »

Are you talking about an amimation or a static image with some effect?
mrcheese24

Post by mrcheese24 »

Yeah I'm just talking about having like a line have a glow to it
MarwanBaki

Post by MarwanBaki »

A line, have a glow in it? Hmm. Could you post a picture(in another program) of exactly what you are trying to recreate here?
RTTLP

Post by RTTLP »

Unless I'm mistaken, he's looking for the basic white transparency bubbled/shine effect. If that's the case, just open up the icon you want in photoshop or GIMP (if you're cool like me) and drop a semi-transparent white shape over it. Move the white shape around to the size and shape you desire (it helps to try to keep in mind where you want your theoretical light to be shining from and the shape of the bubbled surface that it's shining onto) and that's really all it takes to give things a 3d/shine effect.

I don't have any good examples on my computer since my last reformat, so I can only use words since I'm far too lazy to make one that doesn't look horrible right now.
mrcheese24

Post by mrcheese24 »

i actually do use gimp haha but thank you so much!
P2C

Post by P2C »

mrcheese24 wrote:Yeah I'm just talking about having like a line have a glow to it
Well, if you're looking for an "glow" effect, that might help you:

First of all: I AM working with gimp - but the german version. Making it pretty hard to tell you how the exact menus are called
The first word has no effect added to it.

To get the second effect:
Duplicate the text layer. Now on the bottom layer apply the effect: Gaussian blur (I took 12px in both height and width in this case).

The third effect is a bit trickier:
Do the same as for the second effect, but this time, recolor the background (blurred) layer. It must be somewhere in the "color" menu (I guess it's called recolor or something). Just make sure you put the saturation up and make it darker, so the white glow gets a color.
Then finally, apply a gradient from a color you want (I'd recommend a similar color to the blurred background) to transparent (no color) and play around with the way the gradient applies. I'm sorry I don't have the english words for it, but translated it would be something like: Form -> Depending of the form.

I hope that helped a bit :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.