It is currently April 25th, 2024, 5:13 pm

Weather.com is workin, so y du wnt to change to accuweather?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Deviatore

Weather.com is workin, so y du wnt to change to accuweather?

Post by Deviatore »

Hey guys, since weather.com has done changes, most of us are facing problems, but why do all of u want to change your skin from weather.com to accuweather ???
because by registering here :-

Code: Select all

https://registration.weather.com/ursa/xmloap/step1
and we just have to change the code from :-

http://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/87505?cc=*&unit=f&dayf=10

http://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/30339?cc=*&dayf=5&link=xoap&prod=xoap&par=[PartnerID]&key=[LicenseKey]
its working for me, just that i dun no how to change Fahrenheit to Celsius :(
ref

Re: Weather.com is workin, so y du wnt to change to accuweather?

Post by ref »

The terms of service you have to agree to in order to get a license and id is atrocious. You're expected to have at least 4 weather.com banners up, you're only allowed to query them once every 3.5 hrs, and now you can be tracked.

AccuWeather provides so much more. It takes a lot more time to configure, but I made the switch yesterday and have not regretted it the least bit.
Deviatore

Post by Deviatore »

oh what ? hehe i didnt read that all, hmmm my weather plugin, i think, checks the weather about every 10 minutes very frequently, and i want to change that, so do i have to change this code :-

UpdateRate=3600
and about the banners, i m not gonna do that, lemme see how much time they take to ban me
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

Yes, that's the code you change. Make sure if you have Update= that you set it to 1000, that is in milliseconds so Update=1000 is every second. Then change UpdateRate= to the number of seconds you want to update at. If you don't see Update= anywhere then don't worry about it, the default value is 1000 if it isn't specified in the ini.
Deviatore

Post by Deviatore »

ohk.. mine is set to 3600 thats every hour, then i dont understand why it checks very frequently and not every hour :(
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Deviatore wrote:ohk.. mine is set to 3600 thats every hour, then i dont understand why it checks very frequently and not every hour :(
How do you know it checks more frequently?
kati42

Post by kati42 »

[deleted because I was wrong and don't want to confuse anyone]

Yes, please use UpdateRate.
Last edited by kati42 on July 11th, 2009, 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

kati42 wrote:I think it's supposed to be "UpdateDivider" not "UpdateRate". The original Rainmeter documentation that is still posted online says "UpdateRate", but the help file in Rainmeter says "UpdateDivider"...
UpdateDivider is used to modify the rate for all measures EXCEPT WebParser, which uses UpdateRate. UpdateDivider will have no effect on a WebParser measure, and UpdateRate will have no effect on all other measures. This is just a complete failure in naming consistency by whoever wrote WebParser, as they are functionally identical but named differently.
Deviatore

Post by Deviatore »

@jsmorley : By checking the log file, i have found that it tries to check more than one tine in one hour.
and other reason is that, because i m havin a slow net connection so sometimes it fails to extract the weather information and displays a " ?" sign (in moxaweather, enigma). i see that ? sign more than once in a hour.
kati42

Post by kati42 »

Are you using a refresh bang in your config?