It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:46 pm

Raineers will need assistance in getting weather skins squar

Release announcements and important news from the developers.
sgtevmckay

Raineers will need assistance in getting weather skins squar

Post by sgtevmckay »

Hello folks

It is official
As of midnight tonight Eastern Standard Time.
Weather.com will pull all XML feeds.

Now the majority of weather skin are developed on this feed.
But we have a solution.
we have AccuWeather.

Now this will require anyone with time and patience to help folks update the skin they are using to update to AccuWeather. Then re-posting the skin they have fixed.

We can do this, and I am asking for as much help as the community can give.

Take a breath folks, we Raineers, and Rainmeter, have been resurrected, and this is just one more thing. 8-)
A Challenge :D

I wile be re-working Mepu's HUD Vision Weather-one and hopefully I will have a fix floated here, DevArt and Customize.org by Monday the latest.

This could be big for our revival folks, so lets do our best :D
mike the k

Re: Raineers will need assistance in getting weather skins squar

Post by mike the k »

Does anyone use MoxaBox (or MoxaWeather)? I could try fixing it, but since I have no experience it might take years and cost thousands of lives... :? Is anyone interested? -mk.
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

That's a shame. :/
Luckly we got accuweather. :D
mike the k wrote:Does anyone use MoxaBox (or MoxaWeather)? I could try fixing it, but since I have no experience it might take years and cost thousands of lives... :? Is anyone interested? -mk.
Overdramatic? ;)
Try fixing it. It's good experience. :) And I'm quite sure someone will find it nice.
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

mike the k wrote:Does anyone use MoxaBox (or MoxaWeather)? I could try fixing it, but since I have no experience it might take years and cost thousands of lives... :? Is anyone interested? -mk.

Actually MoxaWeather is utilized my literally thousands of Raineers worldwide.

If someone wants to rackle it great :D
Carb0nF1b3r

Post by Carb0nF1b3r »

sgtevmckay wrote:Hello folks
I wile be re-working Mepu's HUD Vision Weather-one and hopefully I will have a fix floated here, DevArt and Customize.org by Monday the latest.
:D i cant thank you enough, i was devastated when i found it it wasnt jst me and what was really going on. I will keep a close eye out thank u again!!!
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

No problem

and :welcome: to the forums :D
Sigismond0

Post by Sigismond0 »

I registered for an XOAP account and I am able to run my weather gadget with this URL:

Url=http://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/usil0225?cc=*&dayf=5&link=xoap&prod=xoap&par=[b][PartnerID][/b]&key={PartnerKey]

Feel free to change the URL in your skin to that, but be sure to change USIL0225 to whatever your location code is. This should be used as a temporary solution until AccuWeather scripts are compiled.

Edited by moderator (jsmorley): Sharing these keys in a public forum is NOT the solution. I have removed them. People are welcome to contact Weather.com to obtain a legal key for free at https://registration.weather.com/ursa/xmloap/step1
Carb0nF1b3r

Post by Carb0nF1b3r »

nvm problem solved :D
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Raineers

I ask that you please be very careful with the new standards

Sure you may not have to worry, but ultimately There is currently several copyright (national and international) that you will be violating by just signing up and getting the ID code and a memebership to Weather.com

Make sure that you read and understand teh contractual agreement.
It is not a simple matter. Weather.com has locked you into a legal and binding agreement that you can be prosecuted for regardless of country.

Now a lot of you are going to say "so what. They will never come after me", this may or may not be true, but ultimately it is wrong.

I beg of you, do not run to the quick fix.
Be patient and let me see what deal I can work out with the folks at Weather.com
Or
as I recommended before, switch your skins over to AccuWeather.com
--------------------------