It is currently April 20th, 2024, 8:04 am

Clocks, Feeds and backgrounds in Enigma?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
influx.destruction

Clocks, Feeds and backgrounds in Enigma?

Post by influx.destruction »

Hi, I am new to Rainmeter and its one of the BEST applications I have ever used! I am running Windows 7 with the latest Rainmeter and the default enigma theme. I have several questions (I apologize for my noobiness lol):

First question, how do I get another identical clock on the left side bar (below the London clock) but in this case showing the date and time in another city (Kabul, Afghanistan)? I tried Skin Manager (in the hope of loading the same skin then perhaps attempting to edit the settings) however, there was only an option for unload skin not reload.

Second question, on the left side bar theres a skin that acts as a shortcut to Picasa, however I do not have this program and would like to change the skin to ''Browser | Opera'' (and of course the path to the correct Opera.exe). Also, would it be possible to load a couple of these skins (to use for other applications such as Windows Live Messenger)?

Third question, on the right side bar, above the network information, there is a skin for feeds; how could I customize this to show feeds from the BBC and Facebook (notifications) and perhaps my Hotmail emails.

Lastly, is there any better backgrounds than the one I am using? (dark backgrounds would be good)

Thank you very much! I am going to recommend this software to many people!
poiru
Developer

Re: Clocks, Feeds and backgrounds in Enigma?

Post by poiru »

- For changing shortcut stuff, feeds: you need to set things up. Right-click on Rainmeter tray icon -> Configs -> Enigma -> Resources -> Configuration.ini.
- Hotmail not possible (only Gmail is supported)
- For Facebook: http://browse.deviantart.com/customization/skins/sysmonitor/rainmeter/?qh=&section=&q=facebook#/d2q2qo4
influx.destruction

poiru wrote:- For changing shortcut stuff, feeds: you need to set things up. Right-click on Rainmeter tray icon -> Configs -> Enigma -> Resources -> Configuration.ini.
- Hotmail not possible (only Gmail is supported)
- For Facebook: http://browse.deviantart.com/customization/skins/sysmonitor/rainmeter/?qh=&section=&q=facebook#/d2q2qo4
I fixed the feeds thank you VERY much, and for the shortcuts I set the values however when I tried to load skin through the skin manager I get the following error message:
Your configuration file doesn't contain any meters!
Your skin's ini-file might be out of date.
Then it does load (as the unload option becomes available) however it is not anywhere visible on the screen.

And for facebook, if I am not logged into Facebook it can't retrieve my notifications right? If so, is there any option to add your log in details so that even after restarting your computer (and thus not being logged in) you still have up to date notifications
influx.destruction

Bump?
limpet

Post by limpet »

influx.destruction wrote:First question, how do I get another identical clock on the left side bar (below the London clock) but in this case showing the date and time in another city (Kabul, Afghanistan)? I tried Skin Manager (in the hope of loading the same skin then perhaps attempting to edit the settings) however, there was only an option for unload skin not reload.
In your Skins/Enigma folder, create a copy of the Clock folder and name it something different , maybe just "Clock2". You could also try using the World config after configuring one of the world locations.

If you don't want to do that, it looks like you'll have to hack in some hour offsets and set the name yourself in your copy of the Clock config.
Limpet makes music: [Soundcloud][Reverbnation][Myspace (ick)][Uvumi][Electronic/Dance]