It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:42 pm

rmskin question/problem

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Ben Hill

rmskin question/problem

Post by Ben Hill »

I'm a fairly long-time Rainmeter user, and it's been fun to see it just get better and better and better. Since I kind of knew how it worked, I haven't always paid close attention to some of the new subtleties of installations and themes and rmskins.

So my question/problem is, rmskin works for the parts of the template in the main installation folder (C:\Rainmeter), but not for the skins (which are in My Documents\Rainmeter\Skins). I have to do the skins manually. Is this because my hard drive is divided into two partitions and the whole D:\ partition is My Documents and the rmskin routine isn't finding the folder? (This is a work computer.) If so, is there anything I can do besides continuing to change rmskin -> zip and extracting it manually?

Thanks for helping me to clear this up.
poiru
Developer

Re: rmskin question/problem

Post by poiru »

Hey,

Can you download http://poiru.kapsi.fi/rainstallertest.zip and replace C:\Rainmeter\Addons\Rainstaller\Rainstaller.exe (remember to backup original file first) with the file in the archive? Then, open any .rmskin file. Upon initialization, Rainstaller will display a message box that starts with "SKINPATH". Take a screenshot, upload, and post link here :)
Ben Hill

Post by Ben Hill »

Thanks for the response. It helped me to get it working.

Your reply made me realize that I didn't know where Rainmeter.ini was any more. I searched and found it, (C:\Users\student\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter - I'm using Windows 7). The skinpath said =d:\\Rainmeter\Skins (with 2 backslashes!!). After I changed it to d:\Rainmeter\Skins the *.rmskin files installed correctly with a double click.

I don't why that extra "\" appeared. :roll:
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Glad you got it working, enjoy!