It is currently April 19th, 2024, 11:50 am

SoundManager

Media controls, music players, video and animated visualizers
ianmartorell

SoundManager

Post by ianmartorell »

Hi! I created a simple skin for sound and volume control using this plugin. It's my first skin, hope you like it ^^

Link to Deviantart: http://ianmartorell.deviantart.com/art/SoundManager-for-Rainmeter-171821122

Some screenshots:

thorsummoner

Re: SoundManager

Post by thorsummoner »

So this both displays realtime system volume out levels even when changed by any volume adjustment method, and allows for volume to be changed? Also would you mind if I used and distributed bits of code in my own skin?
My Skin: Nitrogen - A Windows Rainmeter

Also can it detect when volume changes? I'd like to make it popup when used simmilar to the ***** Macintosh one, but actually usefull and not Mac-like.

Thanks!
-ThorSummoner
Last edited by Kaelri on August 5th, 2011, 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed profanity.
ianmartorell

Post by ianmartorell »

thorsummoner wrote:So this both displays realtime system volume out levels even when changed by any volume adjustment method, and allows for volume to be changed? Also would you mind if I used and distributed bits of code in my own skin?
My Skin: Nitrogen - A Windows Rainmeter

Also can it detect when volume changes? I'd like to make it popup when used simmilar to the ***** Macintosh one, but actually usefull and not Mac-like.

Thanks!
-ThorSummoner
Sorry for the late response, but yeah, it does exactly as you described. You can even see the bar increase or decrease while you slide up or down the volume setting. Also, your skin looks great, please do use my code as needed :). Although all credit for the plugin goes to Reiswaffel (DeviantArt thread), which I'm pretty sure it's already included in the latest release of Rainmeter.

Ian
santa_ryan

Post by santa_ryan »

The latest version of rainmeter includes the Win7Audio plugin
http://rainmeter.net/cms/Plugins-Win7Audio_beta

There is all of the documentation for it.

Please note that this plugin only works for Vista and higher.
I have three rules when I'm trying to help you.
  • Don't get mad when you don't understand something
  • Be VERY specific with what you ask for.
    The more specific you are, the higher the quality of support you receive.
  • Do not just copy and paste what I put in examples and come back saying it doesn't work.
    It does work, but I purposely left blanks that you need to fill for your specific needs.