It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:57 pm

Y Position not relative to last VISIBLE meter

General topics related to Rainmeter.
sgtevmckay

Re: Y Position not relative to last VISIBLE meter

Post by sgtevmckay »

You may also consider dropping the perspective (r) and just hard place you needs.

I just did this modifying a weather skin, and I am happy with the results.

If you hard code in the position (X=??, and Y=??) it will stay right where you put it
Formidable

Post by Formidable »

bhadkow,

This is a difficult problem to describe, but I think we're both saying the same thing. What you're describing is adding a transparent meter as a placeholder. I included one in the example code I posted, though I commented it out. My hope is that there's another way around the problem.

In your solution you stated that I could "then give this meter's x, y same as those for the meter that hides conditionally." That's easy to do if the y of the "hidden" meter is known. If it is unknown or relative to the meters above (and, among those meters there may be meters that occasionally are hidden) then it gets really difficult to do with placeholders.

I tell you what. A little bit later, I'll post a screenshot of what I'm after.

Thanks for your help!
Formidable

Post by Formidable »

Also, of course I could "hard code" the y position and will probably end up doing that. Doing so, however, tends to lock development into a particular font style or size. I'm pretty much resigned to doing it that way. The other option is to create a separate skin for each "hiding" meter. I'm continuing to experiment.
kati42

Post by kati42 »

I know that this is a problem for you, and I'm not in any way saying you're "wrong", but I would like to state that there is a reason for having the functionality this way:

Basically if you're using appearing/disappearing meters to give a meter different colors based on some status (ie, a battery meter), then you can make the additional colors located (0R, 0R) relative to the first defined one to make them the same place. The actual location only needs to be set for the first one in the list.

This makes it easy for me to make these meters and position them. However, this type of positioning would be less important if, for example, our scripts could directly change meter colors instead of just hiding/showing meters.
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

I'd still like to see what you are trying to accomplish, I think it still might be possible.