It is currently March 29th, 2024, 9:15 am

Noobie Requesting Aid!

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
I,Jedi

Noobie Requesting Aid!

Post by I,Jedi »

Hey Rainmeter forum lurkers!

Noobie here with a quick question for you folks. I recently discovered Rainmeter, and I've been trying to set it up the way I like it; however, I have unfortunately run into a few "snags" along the road to successfully getting what I want done, and having exhausted all resources, besides seeking help here, I am now inclined to do just that: ask you folks.

First and foremost, I am having trouble with Gnometer theme (default installed theme), in relation to choosing which sites I want in my "Feeds." I have looked around, messed around with the "4-in-1.ini" file, as well as other files in the "Feeds" folder, and I cannot, for my life, find a way to edit sites for my own choosing. If someone could explain how this process is done, as I have even read the Gnometer manual, and that has apparently still gotten me confused, I would appreciate the knowledge on how to do this.

Second of all, I am using a skin called VClouds Weather, and I have come to realize that it is a rather popular skin to choose for Rainmeter; however, this, too, will not seem to work for me. The skin loads, but I cannot seem to get the city to change to my own city. Below is a picture of the .ini file I edited to match my city's code number from the Weather.com website. I have also made sure I load the RIGHT .ini file to correspond with when I want to display. I.e. Today/evening, 5 day forecast, etc.

I would appreciate anyone's help on these two matters, as they're driving me nuts!

Thanks again in advance,

Tyler
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Reflex

Re: Noobie Requesting Aid!

Post by Reflex »

For the RSS, use the config tool. But first, I'd redownload the RSS skin to undo whatever you've messed up. Right-click on any skin and navigate: Configs -> Gnometer -> Settings.ini . Then click on Feeds to edit the URLs. Refresh the skin, and finished. :D

As for the weather VClouds, I'm unsure, sorry. If I figure it out I'll let you know. ;)
I,Jedi

Post by I,Jedi »

Hey Reflex,

Thanks for the quick, simple reply! Turns out that your instructions on the "Feeds" worked like a charm, so thank you again. :} If I can't get the VCloud Weather skin/plugin to work, no problem. Thanks for keeping an eye out for a solution, though.

Tyler
Reflex

Post by Reflex »

*fast reply x2*

No problem. As for the VClouds, are you using the detailed, simple, or simple small? Also check for silly errors in the code, like extra spaces or unclosed brackets.