It is currently April 24th, 2024, 11:48 pm

Changing and saving launcher text colors

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Remy81

Changing and saving launcher text colors

Post by Remy81 »

I'm pretty new to Rainmeter and have pretty much gotten everything I wanted to sorted out but this one thing. How do you change the color of the text of the launchers in the taskbar and save it so that when you load a different theme those launcher colors aren't different? For example, I have savedtheme#1 and I want those launcher colors to be purple but in savedtheme#2 I want those colors to be green. I know how to change the colors and how to save the theme, just not how to keep the launcher colors saved. Maybe I'm missing something simple. Or maybe it's not possible. I'm using Rainmeter 1.2 on Vista 32bit and the Enigma theme if that makes a difference. These are the things I have tried to do already.

•went to Enigma\Resources\Variables\User Variables.inc and changed the Color1,2,etc. I realized after I did this why this wasn't right.
•went to Enigma\Taskbar\Launcher\Launcher#-mini.ini and changed the color from Font Color=#ColorActive# to a color code and Hidden=1 to 0 and then back again. I thought this would work but no dice.

I hate asking for help in forums but I've searched high and low and can't come up with an answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Chewtoy

Re: Changing and saving launcher text colors

Post by Chewtoy »

A theme is just really a Rainmeter.ini that tells rainmeter which skins should be active and where.
So, even if you use a different theme, the path to the one and the same skin will be the same - and all it's coding will be the same.
So, no. You can't just change theme and have different colour in them out of the box.

What you could do however, is to make duplicates of the skin you use (so if you got Enigma or something, you copy the folder to Enigma2 or something). You can then change the colours in the different folders and have rainmeter load from them.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
Remy81

Re: Changing and saving launcher text colors

Post by Remy81 »

Thanks a million. I didn't fully understand how the skins worked.