It is currently April 25th, 2024, 6:48 am

Autostart exacute?

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Choxy

Autostart exacute?

Post by Choxy »

Well I am not sure how to set it to auto launch with computer now. Because when I initially installed Rainmeter I was just testing it out to see how it works for my friend. Soon to fall in love with it's low cpu and ram usages which I was not sure about and amazing customizations. Well anyways I was just wondering is there a way to turn it on to auto launch with windows again?
poiru
Developer

Re: Autostart exacute?

Post by poiru »

Choxy wrote:Well I am not sure how to set it to auto launch with computer now. Because when I initially installed Rainmeter I was just testing it out to see how it works for my friend. Soon to fall in love with it's low cpu and ram usages which I was not sure about and amazing customizations. Well anyways I was just wondering is there a way to turn it on to auto launch with windows again?
Simple solution is to reinstall and make sure "Start with Windows" is checked.

You could also manually create a shortcut of Rainmeter.exe into your start-up folder.
Choxy

Post by Choxy »

poiru wrote: Simple solution is to reinstall and make sure "Start with Windows" is checked.

You could also manually create a shortcut of Rainmeter.exe into your start-up folder.
Alright I was thinking about the reinstall. I totally forgot about the startup folder thanks I will try that out ^^
thorsummoner

Post by thorsummoner »

umm easier way; open System Configuration in your control panel (i forget where but its in there somewhere), select the StartUp tab, enable rainmeter, then click apply or ok.
On vista/7 you can just search "sys config" in teh start menu;
or go to this address: C:\Windows\system32\msconfig.exe
or this address if your special: %windir%\system32\msconfig.exe
that's how to re-enable apps via the primary system start-up control; OF course rainmeter must create this option itself, becuase i don't know of any third-party applications to edit this menu;

Any trubble reply to this message, i should get back to it.
Choxy

Post by Choxy »

thorsummoner wrote:umm easier way; open System Configuration in your control panel (i forget where but its in there somewhere), select the StartUp tab, enable rainmeter, then click apply or ok.
On vista/7 you can just search "sys config" in teh start menu;
or go to this address: C:\Windows\system32\msconfig.exe
or this address if your special: %windir%\system32\msconfig.exe
that's how to re-enable apps via the primary system start-up control; OF course rainmeter must create this option itself, becuase i don't know of any third-party applications to edit this menu;

Any trubble reply to this message, i should get back to it.
Yeah I was wondering about that I looked in my mscfg and the thing is since I did not ((I am on windows xp so less stuff able to be done)) I can't add it to auto start up. Thanks though ^^ I had win 7 and that would have worked if I still had it