Post by Bozzy »

I actually got it to work using this;

Code: Select all

[MeasureWANmbps]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Perfmon.dll
PerfMonObject=Network Interface
PerfMonCounter=Current Bandwidth
PerfMonInstance=Dell Wireless 1500 Draft 802.11n WLAN Mini-Card - Deterministic Network Enhancer Miniport
PerfMonDifference=0
substitute="000000":"Mbps"
Does anyone know if there is any way of selecting a device number rather than the long winded device name (instance)?
SashaFox

Re: New Wifi Status Plugin

Post by SashaFox »

Some features that may be useful if added to this plugin:

1: Show MAC address
2: Show Wifi channel of your current connection and channels of available networks
3: Support for USB wifi adapters and/or cellular broadband modems (Air cards, etc.), and Bluetooth devices.
4: Show available networks signal strength/quality similar to what windows V.A.N. does.
5: Make available if possible for the band output string to be substituted with an icon like 802.11G - you can set and icon or image for Wireless G or something
6: Show gateways, routers, etc in connected network.
7: Show current adapters connection - Internal card, External adapter- USB, PCI, PCMCIA, Whatever.
8: Make the LIST function more versatile
For example:
LIST:
0: Shows SSID
1: Shows Encryption
2: Shows Security
3: Shows Band
4: Shows Signal Strengths/Quality
5: Shows MAC addresses
6: SSID, band
7: SSID, Encryption:Authentication
8: SSID, band, Encryption:Authentication
9: Show All information

Note: Reason is while building a wireless monitor skin i found that some SSID's are really long and the text wrapper causes the information to become confusing sometimes.
Making separate LIST options will allow individual font color setting and wrapping in a skin. therefore a list color key can be made to make things easier.

I don't know if these things are possible but would be nice if they were
Designing Smexy in Sin City
SashaFox

Post by SashaFox »

Bozzy wrote:I actually got it to work using this;

Code: Select all

[MeasureWANmbps]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Perfmon.dll
PerfMonObject=Network Interface
PerfMonCounter=Current Bandwidth
PerfMonInstance=Dell Wireless 1500 Draft 802.11n WLAN Mini-Card - Deterministic Network Enhancer Miniport
PerfMonDifference=0
substitute="000000":"Mbps"
Does anyone know if there is any way of selecting a device number rather than the long winded device name (instance)?
I believe the device number is listed via perfmon but everyones computer differs just like the long device names. Yours is Dell Wireless 1500 Draft 802.11n WLAN Mini-Card - Deterministic Network Enhancer Miniport
where mine is Intel[R] PRO_Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection. This is set as device 2 where on yours it may be set to 1 or 0 or something.
Designing Smexy in Sin City
JamesSF69

Post by JamesSF69 »

Running into a bit of a conundrum.

The Plugin is supposed to sort the "list" out by strength, but it is not doing so when I use it.

NOTE: The "blank" area on this list is due to me actually "hiding/substituting" the connected name with a ""

I'm on Win 8.1 would that be an issue?

It would be nice to force the "current/connected" name to the top also, so it can be easily hidden from the list.

Great plugin BTW

James