It is currently April 20th, 2024, 12:14 pm

Set alpha value

Tips and Tricks from the Rainmeter Community
Chewtoy

Set alpha value

Post by Chewtoy »

**Edit**
The plan has been fullfilled as jsmorley now have created an RainRGB that also controls opacity.
So this 'tip n trick' is pretty much useless, unless you like to see the code.
New RainRGB: http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4421&p=31416&hilit=RainRGB#p31416

While jsmorley has created an awesome tool to change the colour in rainmeter, it lacks the ability to change the alpha value.
It is easy to set it directly in the code, as is the colour. But this is meant so you can easily change the alpha and not having to see the code itself.
Alpha-Value-Set.rmskin

Easy to use. And should not be all to hard to implament in most suits or the like.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
brbk4498

Re: Set alpha value

Post by brbk4498 »

woot thanks a bunch, can u upgrade it so that it saves the alpha value on refresh
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

brbk4498 wrote:woot thanks a bunch, can u upgrade it so that it saves the alpha value on refresh
Why don't you use RainRGB? This was mostly just a skin to get jsmorley to update it so it handles alpha-values.
And no. Not really. !RainmeterSetVariable only changes the value stored in memory, not in the code itself. Would be neat to be able to have it stored somehow though.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Chewtoy wrote: Why don't you use RainRGB? This was mostly just a skin to get jsmorley to update it so it handles alpha-values.
And no. Not really. !RainmeterSetVariable only changes the value stored in memory, not in the code itself. Would be neat to be able to have it stored somehow though.
RainRGB does store it as well though.
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

jsmorley wrote:RainRGB does store it as well though.
Yeah. That's why I rather have people using your nice little app than this.
brbk4498

Post by brbk4498 »

yea i use his app its pretty cool, i was just looking for a way to change the alpha easy, like how poiru did it in the Rainify rainmeter skin http://my.deviantart.com/messages/#/d2tawcg
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

brbk4498 wrote:yea i use his app its pretty cool, i was just looking for a way to change the alpha easy, like how poiru did it in the Rainify rainmeter skin http://my.deviantart.com/messages/#/d2tawcg
Using the new RainRGB is way more easy then using this skin...