It is currently April 28th, 2024, 12:53 am

SendTweet - Input and send "Tweets" from your Rainmeter skin

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
dragoonwisper

Re: SendTweet - Input and send "Tweets" from your Rainmeter skin

Post by dragoonwisper »

Now, I'm pretty new to this stuff and such but I'm pretty shur I'm doing this correctly but it still won't work(also with your instructions where it says "default=blablabla" it's really not set to default.)Is it possible you could show me an working example of its .cfg code? because I can't seem to get the configurations correct.
wasky1

Post by wasky1 »

i understand rain input can be linked to gmail to send an email from desktop but i cant figure out how please help
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

wasky1 wrote:i understand rain input can be linked to gmail to send an email from desktop but i cant figure out how please help
I'm not sure it can. I have used it to send a "twitter update", but that is because twitter has a web-based api interface. Not going to work with GMail, as you can't send your id and password on the URL, and I don't know of any way to get cURL to access any google api.
wasky1

Post by wasky1 »

thanks for the reply. i was told you could by someone on here but he never got back to me i think redblack. anyway never mind. thanx again.
Twitch043

Post by Twitch043 »

I copied the contents of the SendTweet folder into the Skins folder, but when I run Rain Browser, this is all that comes up. I'm very new to this, and I haven't been able to find a real plugin/addon tutorial of any sort, so...

Any help?

I'm not sure what to do, if I have to do anything, with the cURL or the RainInput... well... extensions? Dlls? Whatever you want to call them. lol.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Twitch043 wrote:I copied the contents of the SendTweet folder into the Skins folder, but when I run Rain Browser, this is all that comes up. I'm very new to this, and I haven't been able to find a real plugin/addon tutorial of any sort, so...

Any help?

I'm not sure what to do, if I have to do anything, with the cURL or the RainInput... well... extensions? Dlls? Whatever you want to call them. lol.
If you read the file RainInput.cfg, it has a lot of instructions at the top as comments.
Twitch043

Post by Twitch043 »

jsmorley wrote: If you read the file RainInput.cfg, it has a lot of instructions at the top as comments.
Yeah, I've been looking there, but that hasn't helped at all. I saw that the paths for the ProgramPath and ProgramWorkingFolder were wrong; they were supposed to go to the SendTweet in My Documents because that's where the folder was copied, but changing that didn't help at all.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Twitch043 wrote: Yeah, I've been looking there, but that hasn't helped at all. I saw that the paths for the ProgramPath and ProgramWorkingFolder were wrong; they were supposed to go to the SendTweet in My Documents because that's where the folder was copied, but changing that didn't help at all.
Be sure you do "Refresh All" on the Rainmeter context menu after you add a skin to the \Skins folder.
Twitch043

Post by Twitch043 »

Hey! That worked... Now, however, when I click on the text field in the skin, I can't type in it. The pointer turns into the pointing hand, I click and while I hold th emouse down it's a normal arrow again, but at no point can I type. >_>
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Twitch043 wrote:Hey! That worked... Now, however, when I click on the text field in the skin, I can't type in it. The pointer turns into the pointing hand, I click and while I hold th emouse down it's a normal arrow again, but at no point can I type. >_>
Just click in the field and let go of the mouse. Now it should be a blinking caret and you should be able to type until you either hit enter or esc.