It is currently May 4th, 2024, 3:33 am

What do I modify to restore the original settings?

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: What do I modify to restore the original settings?

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: April 20th, 2024, 6:05 pmNo, this is not copying / pasting. This is a screenshot, which is completely useless for us. If we want to try out your code posted as a screenshot, we have to rewrite the code starting from the screenshot. Sorry by me definitely don't do this, and I think most of guys out there wanting to help otherwise, don't do either.
So, post CODES please instead of SCREENSHOTS.
That was the screenshot illustrating the visual result of the code I posted here - it didn't need rewriting any part of it. Just saying. :)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
bhs67

Post by bhs67 »

Even though the LightClick.ini "Draggable" is selected, it will not drag in any direction. The weather can be dragged.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

bhs67 wrote: April 20th, 2024, 7:06 pm Even though the LightClick.ini "Draggable" is selected, it will not drag in any direction. The weather can be dragged.
Really?! :jawdrop
It's possible that some settings in your Rainmeter.ini prevent it (just speculating here). Try CTRL + drag, that should drag Lightclock.ini regardless. Also, make sure your mouse is over the white text, and not the invisible background.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: April 20th, 2024, 7:03 pm That was the screenshot illustrating the visual result of the code I posted here - it didn't need rewriting any part of it. Just saying. :)
There were four different screenshots, with four slightly different codes. Just saying as well...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: April 20th, 2024, 7:13 pm There were four different screenshots, with four slightly different codes. Just saying as well...
Indeed, I only referred to the result of mine. I think these codes cover the other 3 screenshots (except FontSize=74 in eclectic-tech's reply):
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=43909&start=10#p223190
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=43909&start=20#p223217
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

bhs67 wrote: April 20th, 2024, 7:06 pm Even though the LightClick.ini "Draggable" is selected, it will not drag in any direction. The weather can be dragged.
Also assumptions, but try unchecking Keep on screen in the context menu of your SlightClick.ini skin. If the size of the skin is equal with the size of your screen and Keep on screen is checked, there is no way to move it, even if Draggable is checked. To see the size of the skin, try clicking it while you're holding down the Ctrl and Alt keys. A red rectangle shows the entire surface of your skin. How large is it?
Is the skin available for try out?
bhs67

Post by bhs67 »

Balala, The screen height is about 21 inches tall. The date / time image is about 1.5 inches tall.

Unchecking the "Keep on screen" works!!! The ctrl+alt drag works sometimes. Erratic.

However, the Manage Rainmeter > Coordinates now accepts negative numbers --- all the time!!! Negative numbers was not an option with "Keep on screen" checked.

Balala, you found a solution!!!
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Except there isn't any possibility for the skin to take the whole screen with the current codes, therefore checking or unchecking Keep On Screen should have zero effect on the ability to drag the skin, period. Most likely, the skin is correctly reacting to pressing CTRL (which prioritizes default mouse actions on the skin instead of custom ones), rather than CTRL+ALT (which only shows the size of the skin, as mentioned by balala above). There's no CTRL+ALT+Drag, only CTRL+Drag. The fact that it's "erratic" might have something to do with the fact that you don't always start the drag from the text only area.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

bhs67 wrote: April 20th, 2024, 8:00 pm Balala, The screen height is about 21 inches tall. The date / time image is about 1.5 inches tall.
I were referring to both, the screen size and skin size in pixels, not in inches, but doesn't matter too much, if you got the solution.
bhs67 wrote: April 20th, 2024, 8:00 pm Unchecking the "Keep on screen" works!!! The ctrl+alt drag works sometimes. Erratic.
This means the real size of the skin is at least equal with the size of your screen (or even larger), even if it does have some parts which are transparent (any skin can have such parts). This is why i suggested you to click the skin holding down the Ctrl and Alt keys on your keyboard. By this, you get a red rectangle showing the real size of your skin. This way you would be able to see that the skin is covering the whole screen. If the skin is smaller than the screen and you have checked the Keep on screen option, you can drag the skin (assuming the Draggable option is checked). If on the other hand the skin is larger than the screen, even if it is draggable, you can't drag it, because there is no place where to drag it.
bhs67 wrote: April 20th, 2024, 8:00 pm However, the Manage Rainmeter > Coordinates now accepts negative numbers --- all the time!!! Negative numbers was not an option with "Keep on screen" checked.
Yes, because if Rainmeter has to keep a skin on the screen, the skin can't have negative coordinates, which would mean it goes outside of the screen, to left for instance. But if the skin has not to be kept on the screen, its coordinates can go negative, when you drag it too much to left.
bhs67 wrote: April 20th, 2024, 8:00 pm Balala, you found a solution!!!
I'm glad.
bhs67

Post by bhs67 »

Balala, This shows negative coordinates results:

The keys to success for Win11 installation, with a large monitor:

Code: Select all

Copy C:\Windows.old\Users\xxxzzz\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins folder
... to:                        C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins folder 

Copy Rainmeter.ini from: C:\Windows.old\Users\xxxzzz\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\
... to:                                                      C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\

Modify the contents of Rainmeter.ini
... from: SkinPath=C:\Users\xxxzzz\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\
... to:           kinPath=C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\

To remove unwanted skins, look at every Skin
... such as Welcome folder > Welcome.ini > Unload.
Manage Rainmeter
--- Date / Time
... ... Elegant Clock > LightClock.ini
... ... check Draggable, Save Position, Snap to edges
... ... uncheck "Keep on screen"
... ... Coordinates -111, 1252
--- Weather Temperature
... ... MiniWeather
... ... ... Just the Text > Just the Text.ini

Code: Select all

-------------------------------------
LightClock.ini ... C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\Elegant Clock
;Elegance
;Clock Skin - Black
;Created by TwistLemon

[Rainmeter]
Author=TwistLemon
Update=1000

[Variables]
Size1=74
Size2=18
ClockSize=40
WhiteHands=255,255,255,255
BlackHands=0,0,0,245

;-----------MEASURES------------

[MeasureTime]
Measure=Time
Format=%#I:%M

[MeasureDate]
Measure=Time
Format=%a, %d %b %Y

;-----------METERS------------

[MeterTime]
MeasureName=MeasureTime
Meter=STRING
X=230
Y=0 
FontColor=255, 255, 255, 255
FontSize=40
FontFace=Antipasto
StringAlign=CENTER
;StringStyle=BOLD
AntiAlias=1

[MeterDate]
MeasureName=MeasureDate
Meter=STRING
X=r
Y=87r
FontColor=255, 255, 255, 255
FontSize=18
FontFace=Antipasto
StringAlign=CENTER
;StringStyle=Bold
AntiAlias=1
Thanks to Balala!!!
Last edited by bhs67 on April 21st, 2024, 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.