It is currently April 27th, 2024, 6:32 am

Is there any way to run a Macro in RainMeter?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
RainDojo

Is there any way to run a Macro in RainMeter?

Post by RainDojo »

Bit of a misleading title there but I didn't know how to word it.
I made a .bat file which opens a couple of Explorer windows. RainMeter can open that .bat file and let it do it's job. Cool. The trouble is, I want to not only open a folder, I want to open an app (CCleaner) and push 'Run'. The pushing the 'Run' button doesn't seem to be possible with a macro so I'm wondering if there's another way around it? I don't want to use Windows schedule or have something running in the background if I can help it.
Any ideas please?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Is there any way to run a Macro in RainMeter?

Post by SilverAzide »

RainDojo wrote: March 27th, 2024, 9:36 pm Bit of a misleading title there but I didn't know how to word it.
I made a .bat file which opens a couple of Explorer windows. RainMeter can open that .bat file and let it do it's job. Cool. The trouble is, I want to not only open a folder, I want to open an app (CCleaner) and push 'Run'. The pushing the 'Run' button doesn't seem to be possible with a macro so I'm wondering if there's another way around it? I don't want to use Windows schedule or have something running in the background if I can help it.
Any ideas please?
Let me Google that for you. Command line switches documented here. No need to over-complicate this with "macros".
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

SilverAzide is right, if the program already has command line options doing what you need, better use them. For a more general answer, or if the program doesn't provide such command line abilities, compiling a script in AutoIt or AutoHotKey and running it from Rainmeter the usual way (through a bang or a RunCommand measure) would probably do the "button push" job.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
RainDojo

Post by RainDojo »

Thanks, I tried the built-in for CCleaner but it doesn't work.
I made a few Macros which launch programs, empty the trash, etc. I love them.