It is currently April 27th, 2024, 11:39 am

Set wallpaper on layout.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
teastme12

Set wallpaper on layout.

Post by teastme12 »

I am trying to make a layout for my rainmeter skin. I was wondering if I could set a wallpaper on desktop when the layout is applied.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Set wallpaper on layout.

Post by balala »

teastme12 wrote: March 24th, 2024, 2:42 pm I am trying to make a layout for my rainmeter skin. I was wondering if I could set a wallpaper on desktop when the layout is applied.
Yep, you can, but you have to use a skin included into the layout, which when activated by the layout, applies the wallpaper. Depending on your needs you can even create a skin which has nothing visible, but sets up the wallpaper.
For instance, create a new skin, with the following code:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=-1
OnRefreshAction=[!SetWallpaper "The-Wallpaper-You-Want-To-Apply"][!Delay "1000"][!DeactivateConfig]

[Meter]
Meter=String
Hidden=1
The only purpose of this skin is to apply the wallpaper when is activated. One second after is activated and applies the wallpaper, it deactivates itself. Meanwhile you can see nothing on your screen. Obviously replace the The-Wallpaper-You-Want-To-Apply parameter int he above !SetWallpaper bang by the appropriate path and file name of the image you want to apply as wallpaper.
Make sure to include this skin into the layout you want to set the wallpaper.
teastme12

Post by teastme12 »

balala wrote: March 24th, 2024, 2:57 pm Yep, you can, but you have to use a skin included into the layout, which when activated by the layout, applies the wallpaper. Depending on your needs you can even create a skin which has nothing visible, but sets up the wallpaper.
For instance, create a new skin, with the following code:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=-1
OnRefreshAction=[!SetWallpaper "The-Wallpaper-You-Want-To-Apply"][!Delay "1000"][!DeactivateConfig]

[Meter]
Meter=String
Hidden=1
The only purpose of this skin is to apply the wallpaper when is activated. One second after is activated and applies the wallpaper, it deactivates itself. Meanwhile you can see nothing on your screen. Obviously replace the The-Wallpaper-You-Want-To-Apply parameter int he above !SetWallpaper bang by the appropriate path and file name of the image you want to apply as wallpaper.
Make sure to include this skin into the layout you want to set the wallpaper.
So, I just copy the code you gave me, create a .ini skin with the code, modify the code to enter the appropriate path of wallpaper, then add the wallpaper loader skin on my layout. Is that all?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

teastme12 wrote: March 24th, 2024, 3:49 pm Is that all?
Practically yes. Did you try it out?
teastme12

Post by teastme12 »

balala wrote: March 24th, 2024, 4:02 pm Practically yes. Did you try it out?
Just now. It worked like a charm, thanks man!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

teastme12 wrote: March 24th, 2024, 4:03 pm Just now. It worked like a charm, thanks man!
Glad to help. Feel free to come back whatever question arises.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

A simpler way is to setup your layout with the desired wallpaper, then
check the box to "Include current wallpaper" when you save the layout.
savelayoutwallpaper.jpg
When the layout is loaded, the wallpaper will be automatically set.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.