It is currently April 27th, 2024, 12:04 pm

Specify player in WebNowPlaying

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
bora12

Specify player in WebNowPlaying

Post by bora12 »

I went over the WebNowPlaying documentation and couldn't find a way to isolate it to a specific player. Basically, I just want WebNowPlaying to update Spotify details and nothing else, can this be done? If so, how?

I know in NowPlaying (included with Rainmeter install) you can specify using the PlayerName variable.

Appreciate anyone pointing me in the right direction. <3
keifufu

Re: Specify player in WebNowPlaying

Post by keifufu »

Possible to do if you only use web players, you can check and uncheck websites in the extension settings.

As for desktop players, this is currently not possible and while I was working on making it possible (and it already is (on unix)), I am not sure if I will bother porting it to windows/rainmeter.

Reminder that the project is open source! If you have the knowledge you're welcome to contribute and add this functionality yourself.
bora12

Post by bora12 »

Completely understand and appreciate the effort! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I am using the Windows desktop application for music and the PlayerType=Player measure shows Windows Media Session so I just assumed I was overlooking something. I know Spotify is always changing things, making it difficult.

Thank you again for the plugin <3
xenium

Post by xenium »

bora12 wrote: March 16th, 2024, 4:04 pm Basically, I just want WebNowPlaying to update Spotify details and nothing else, can this be done? If so, how?
I think it is possible if you use Spotify Desktop Player together with Spicetify and version 1.2.0 of the WebNowPlaying plugin.
Thus, it will only work with Spotify and will not detect other desktop players
bora12

Post by bora12 »

I think it is possible if you use Spotify Desktop Player together with Spicetify and version 1.2.0 of the WebNowPlaying plugin.
Thus, it will only work with Spotify and will not detect other desktop players
You're a bloody legend! I got it working flawlessly now! For anyone looking to do the same, there might be a cleaner way but this is what I did:
Hope this helps someone.
xenium

Post by xenium »

bora12 wrote: March 16th, 2024, 6:07 pm You're a bloody legend! I got it working flawlessly now! For anyone looking to do the same, there might be a cleaner way but this is what I did:
Hope this helps someone.
You're welcome!

Note:
Every time Spotify update, follow the instructions:
https://spicetify.app/docs/getting-started/#updating
bora12

Post by bora12 »

xenium wrote: March 16th, 2024, 6:39 pm You're welcome!

Note:
Every time Spotify update, follow the instructions:
https://spicetify.app/docs/getting-started/#updating
Roger that!
bora12

Post by bora12 »

After using this setup there is a downside to using an older version of WebNowPlaying, a lot of the Position, Remaining, Progress and Duration measures are extremely delayed. Sometimes it works and sometimes it's delayed. Obviously fixed in later iterations of the plugin but just something you should know if looking into this.
xenium

Post by xenium »

bora12 wrote: March 16th, 2024, 8:34 pm After using this setup there is a downside to using an older version of WebNowPlaying, a lot of the Position, Remaining, Progress and Duration measures are extremely delayed. Sometimes it works and sometimes it's delayed. Obviously fixed in later iterations of the plugin but just something you should know if looking into this.
I have been using version 1.2.0 for a long time without any problems:
https://www.deviantart.com/xenium-art/art/Harmony-Player-UPDATED-26-OCT-2023-988018395
Maybe the skin you're using is to blame...
Or if you use the visualizer or other animations that increase CPU usage, this may cause a delay in displaying the duration or progress bar