It is currently April 27th, 2024, 4:32 pm

I need help with changing my clock into 3D perspective

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
stinkzies

Re: I need help with changing my clock into 3D perspective

Post by stinkzies »

eclectic-tech wrote: March 18th, 2024, 4:06 pm Letting you know Yincognito's code works fine for me.
magiskP.jpg

I have the latest Rainmeter version on updated Windows 10 system.
I have seen other issues with the latest release of ImageMagick V 7.1.1.29, which is why I still use version V 7.1.0.29
Where do I find your older ImageMagick version to download? The website just gives me the latest one.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: I need help with changing my clock perspective

Post by Yincognito »

stinkzies wrote: March 18th, 2024, 4:17 pm I had backed up my code and replaced everything with yours, and I also tried your sample but it also did not work.
I see. Well, the only explanation I can think of after the other possibilities failed to explain it (assuming no Win 11 issues or such), is the one posted by eclectic-tech above (which is why I screenshot the versions of everything I use earlier - including ImageMagick and its plugin - in the first place). :???:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
stinkzies

Re: I need help with changing my clock perspective

Post by stinkzies »

Yincognito wrote: March 18th, 2024, 4:24 pm I see. Well, the only explanation I can think of after the other possibilities failed to explain it (assuming no Win 11 issues or such), is the one posted by eclectic-tech above (which is why I screenshot the versions of everything I use earlier - including ImageMagick and its plugin - in the first place). :???:
Yeah I hope it's that simple. As soon as I get my hands on the ImageMagick version that electric-tech recommended, I'll try this again.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

stinkzies wrote: March 18th, 2024, 4:20 pm Where do I find your older ImageMagick version to download? The website just gives me the latest one.
Some possibilities (downloading the minor versions is tricky though, try right clicking and save as for the .zip files in the 1st link, the 2nd one seems to have only .appimage files; or, you can try with the windows binaries; personally, I use a download manager so it works if I force the browser to download the zipped minor versions with the manager):
https://imagemagick.org/archive/windows/releases/
https://github.com/ImageMagick/ImageMagick/releases
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: March 18th, 2024, 4:06 pm I have seen other issues with the latest release of ImageMagick V 7.1.1.29, which is why I still use version V 7.1.0.29
:o ImageMagick V 7.1.1.29 or V 7.1.0.29??? :o OMG!!!

The version included into Yincognito's last package is 0.7.4.0:
MagicMeter.png
The version I previously had installed was 0.7.3.0. When installed Yincognito's package, I got thios newer version, 0.7.4.0. But 7.1.0.29 seems extremely far away from what I have.
So, where can I get this 7.1.0.29 or 7.1.1.29 version of the plugin? Can't find it. I assume this might be the issue, since I still can't get Yincognito's code to work. I also have the same error message in the log as the one reported by stinkzies:
stinkzies wrote: March 18th, 2024, 10:40 am I just noticed that I have been getting errors every second and it seems like a file is missing:
How do I resolve this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

balala wrote: March 18th, 2024, 7:43 pm :o ImageMagick V 7.1.1.29 or V 7.1.0.29??? :o OMG!!!

The version included into Yincognito's last package is 0.7.4.0:
MagicMeter.png
The version I previously had installed was 0.7.3.0. When installed Yincognito's package, I got thios newer version, 0.7.4.0. But 7.1.0.29 seems extremely far away from what I have.
So, where can I get this 7.1.0.29 or 7.1.1.29 version of the plugin? Can't find it. I assume this might be the issue, since I still can't get Yincognito's code to work. I also have the same error message in the log as the one reported by stinkzies:
V 0.7.4 is the latest version of the MagicMeter plugin by khanhas

I was talking about the ImageMagick program version.
You can download older versions of ImageMagick from the link Yincognito posted earlier: https://imagemagick.org/archive/windows/releases/ look down the list for V 7.1.0.29 and download the 9MB and install.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote: March 18th, 2024, 8:14 pm V 0.7.4 is the latest version of the MagicMeter plugin by khanhas

I was talking about the ImageMagick program version.
Again: OMG!!! Mixed them it seems. Sorry, absolutely my bad.
Yep, but still can't get Yincognito's code working. And still didn't get too deeply into this question, due some lack of time, but I see I can't get it working so far.
Sorry once again for my confusion.
stinkzies

Post by stinkzies »

eclectic-tech wrote: March 18th, 2024, 4:06 pm Letting you know Yincognito's code works fine for me.
magiskP.jpg

I have the latest Rainmeter version on updated Windows 10 system.
I have seen other issues with the latest release of ImageMagick V 7.1.1.29, which is why I still use version V 7.1.0.29
Your ImageMagick version still didn't work for me. Luckily someone else had the same issue and recommended downgrading to V7.0.11 and this finally worked for me! https://github.com/khanhas/MagickMeter/issues/10

Now I can finally tweak the perspective to my liking. I'll update you guys with the final result when I'm done.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

stinkzies wrote: March 21st, 2024, 3:29 pmLuckily someone else had the same issue and recommended downgrading to V7.0.11 and this finally worked for me! https://github.com/khanhas/MagickMeter/issues/10

Now I can finally tweak the perspective to my liking. I'll update you guys with the final result when I'm done.
Excellent - we're glad you finally made it! :great:

Also, since you're at it, maybe you could figure out better than I did how the "Offset" and "Canvas" parts work in MagickMeter and how they relate to the coordinates of the "Perspective" part, cause as much as I try to understand things the best way, this relation has eluded my understanding when replying with the code earlier (hence the "don't ask me about what these mean" part in that reply).
stinkzies

Post by stinkzies »

It's finally done! I'm quite satisfied with the outcome. I was even able to apply the same code to make a date. I wouldn't be able to do all of this without all of your help, thank you all!