It is currently April 27th, 2024, 10:41 pm

I need help with changing my clock into 3D perspective

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
stinkzies

Re: I need help with changing my clock perspective

Post by stinkzies »

Yincognito wrote: March 16th, 2024, 11:07 pm Something like this could be a starting point:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
AccurateText=1
DynamicWindowSize=1

---Measures---

[MeasureClock]
Measure=Time
Format=%H:%M
OnChangeAction=[!CommandMeasure Magick "Update"]

[Magick]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=MagickMeter
;Image=Text [MeasureClock] | Face Tahoma | Size 75 | Align Left | BackgroundColor 255,0,0,128 | Color 255,255,255,255 | AntiAlias 1 | Offset 0,0 | Canvas 254,121 | Perspective 0,0,254,0,254,121,0,121
Image=Text [MeasureClock] | Face Tahoma | Size 75 | Align Left | BackgroundColor 255,0,0,128 | Color 255,255,255,255 | AntiAlias 1 | Perspective 0,50,224,0,254,100,50,100

---Meters---

[Back]
Meter=Image
W=508
H=242
SolidColor=0,0,0,128

[Image]
Meter=Image
MeasureName=Magick

[Clock]
Meter=String
X=254
Y=0
W=254
H=121
FontFace=Tahoma
FontSize=75
StringAlign=Left
SolidColor=0,0,255,128
FontColor=255,255,255,255
AntiAlias=1
InlineSetting=Shadow | 9 | 4 | 6.5 | 0,0,0,255
MeasureName=MeasureClock
Text=%1
DynamicVariables=1
Perspective.jpg
See:
https://github.com/khanhas/MagickMeter/wiki
https://github.com/khanhas/MagickMeter/wiki/Text
https://github.com/khanhas/MagickMeter/wiki/Effects#perspective

Don't ask me what everything actually means though, the wiki is nice but still not 100% clear in some aspects. Blue to the right is the original, red to the left is the perspective version. Not sure how to add inline settings to the text in a MagickMeter measure or if it's even possible. In essence, that "text" is not a string anymore, but an image, which is manipulated exclusively through the MagickMeter options (which don't seem to provide inline setting capabilities, or at least not that I could find while briefly examining the plugin's wiki).
Thanks for replying but why is the perspective clock not showing for me? I double checked that I have the plugin installed but it still looks like this:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

stinkzies wrote: March 17th, 2024, 2:23 pm Thanks for replying but why is the perspective clock not showing for me? I double checked that I have the plugin installed but it still looks like this:
I don't know, it worked for me, as mentioned above. Obviously, you need to have a (recent?) version of ImageMagick installed on your system. If the sample skin(s) from the MagickMeter link work, so should the one above.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: I need help with changing my clock into 3D perspective

Post by balala »

Doesn't work me either. Unfortunately have no enough time now to take a deeper look, but I see it doesn't work.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

stinkzies wrote: March 17th, 2024, 2:23 pm Thanks for replying but why is the perspective clock not showing for me? I double checked that I have the plugin installed but it still looks like this:
balala wrote: March 17th, 2024, 8:46 pm Doesn't work me either. Unfortunately have no enough time now to take a deeper look, but I see it doesn't work.
:jawdrop Can't explain it, really. Here's another proof in my case (the skin includes the plugin version I'm using, if it matters)...

Windows.jpg
ImageMagick.jpg
Rainmeter.jpg
Perspective_1.0.0.rmskin
Plugins.jpg
Log.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stinkzies

Post by stinkzies »

Yincognito wrote: March 17th, 2024, 2:53 pm I don't know, it worked for me, as mentioned above. Obviously, you need to have a (recent?) version of ImageMagick installed on your system. If the sample skin(s) from the MagickMeter link work, so should the one above.
I just noticed that I have been getting errors every second and it seems like a file is missing:
How do I resolve this?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

stinkzies wrote: March 18th, 2024, 10:40 am I just noticed that I have been getting errors every second and it seems like a file is missing:
How do I resolve this?
Good catch. Yes, the skin is probably not able to open the temporary image file used by MagickMeter, since your entire Rainmeter skins folder has been redirected to the OneDrive location by the very "helpful" Windows. See here for details (there are other topics about handling OneDrive redirection, you can use the Search button on this forum to see them):
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=31708

In short, I don't use OneDrive, but the choice as far as I know is either changing the location of your skins folder to the default local Documents location from the Manage Rainmeter window (as well as moving its contents appropriately), or giving proper permission for the OneDrive folders if you insist in keeping the skins folder there.

P.S. That doesn't explain why the skin doesn't work for balala though, unless he has been a victim of the same redirection. :???:
stinkzies

Post by stinkzies »

Yincognito wrote: March 18th, 2024, 11:48 am Good catch. Yes, the skin is probably not able to open the temporary image file used by MagickMeter, since your entire Rainmeter skins folder has been redirected to the OneDrive location by the very "helpful" Windows. See here for details (there are other topics about handling OneDrive redirection, you can use the Search button on this forum to see them):
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=31708

In short, I don't use OneDrive, but the choice as far as I know is either changing the location of your skins folder to the default local Documents location from the Manage Rainmeter window (as well as moving its contents appropriately), or giving proper permission for the OneDrive folders if you insist in keeping the skins folder there.

P.S. That doesn't explain why the skin doesn't work for balala though, unless he has been a victim of the same redirection. :???:
Somehow moving the rainmeter folder to my local documents folder still retains the error
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

stinkzies wrote: March 18th, 2024, 3:21 pm Somehow moving the rainmeter folder to my local documents folder still retains the error
I must have rushed to conclusions in my last reply, cause now on a second thought I don't think that image is created by MagickMeter (in my case, it creates a .bmp and it puts it in the temporary folder, not in the skins one):
TempImage.jpg
That being said, moving the skins folder locally was the right thing to do, it causes all kinds of surprises otherwise, as you could read elsehwere. I suspect that the error you have there is related to some other code you have in your Cold\Clock.ini file, where you use some value not available at skin load time and that defaults to "0" (to which the .png extension is added). In the code I posted, there is no ImageName option like in your error, by the way - I only noticed this now. Maybe you could share that code?

Just curious, did you try the "Perspective" skin I posted above? Does it still fail to show the perspective text?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: I need help with changing my clock into 3D perspective

Post by eclectic-tech »

Letting you know Yincognito's code works fine for me.
magiskP.jpg
I have the latest Rainmeter version on updated Windows 10 system.
I have seen other issues with the latest release of ImageMagick V 7.1.1.29, which is why I still use version V 7.1.0.29
stinkzies

Post by stinkzies »

Yincognito wrote: March 18th, 2024, 3:56 pm I must have rushed to conclusions in my last reply, cause now on a second thought I don't think that image is created by MagickMeter (in my case, it creates a .bmp and it puts it in the temporary folder, not in the skins one):
TempImage.jpg
That being said, moving the skins folder locally was the right thing to do, it causes all kinds of surprises otherwise, as you could read elsehwere. I suspect that the error you have there is related to some other code you have in your Cold\Clock.ini file, where you use some value not available at skin load time and that defaults to "0" (to which the .png extension is added). In the code I posted, there is no ImageName option like in your error, by the way - I only noticed this now. Maybe you could share that code?

Just curious, did you try the "Perspective" skin I posted above? Does it still fail to show the perspective text?
I had backed up my code and replaced everything with yours, and I also tried your sample but it also did not work.
Oh and by the way my code is at the very first post of this thread if you wanted to look at it.