It is currently April 27th, 2024, 6:26 am

Rainmeter skin for northern lights (auroras)

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Tracidas

Rainmeter skin for northern lights (auroras)

Post by Tracidas »

Hello all rainmeter fans, :welcome:

I have an idea for a cool (to my mind) rainmeter skin, maybe someone is willing to create it? (I know the rules :Whistle ) I've been looking for something similar in rainmeter forums, but I haven't found anything close. There is a website called spaceweatherlive dot com. There is info about solar storms and flares, which cause auroras. It is time consuming work and I have so little experience in rainmeter. All i've made is a blueprint how it could look :) (All the info I took from that website). I am waiting for a good Samaritan who can create this skin. Peace :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rainmeter skin for northern lights (auroras)

Post by Yincognito »

Well, if you already knew the rules but you still prefer that someone else does it for you, then the best thing to do is wait. There are very few chances somebody will do it if that somebody is not interested himself in such data, but hey, at least you tried and spread the word. Bad news for anyone interested in the data from that page though, all data is behind Javascript functions, so even if there would be willing ones to tackle this, they won't be able to retrieve data from the source page using a WebParser measure. That being said, the site says that all its data is taken from other free sources, so if one grabs it from those sources (assuming they can be retrieved by WebParser), then something can be achieved.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth