It is currently April 27th, 2024, 1:12 pm

Change Opacity from a "Settings" Skin.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
RoseRain

Change Opacity from a "Settings" Skin.

Post by RoseRain »

Hello! I was wondering if I could get some help on this.

I have a Settings skin that uses the addon: RainRGB4 to click and change the colour variable of a skin of choice.

My question... is there a similar thing that one can do that changes opacity? can I somehow put an option in the Settings skin to also be able to choose from, or change the opacity of the colour? as well as the colour, or at least just the opacity of the selected variable.

I hope I make sense. Thanks for any information. :)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Change Opacity from a "Settings" Skin.

Post by balala »

RoseRain wrote: February 19th, 2024, 4:27 am My question... is there a similar thing that one can do that changes opacity? can I somehow put an option in the Settings skin to also be able to choose from, or change the opacity of the colour? as well as the colour, or at least just the opacity of the selected variable.
Yep, there is. For instance: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=220907&#p220907
But there are other possibilities as well. Look for them into the Share Your Creations section.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

RoseRain wrote: February 19th, 2024, 4:27 am Hello! I was wondering if I could get some help on this.

I have a Settings skin that uses the addon: RainRGB4 to click and change the colour variable of a skin of choice.

My question... is there a similar thing that one can do that changes opacity? can I somehow put an option in the Settings skin to also be able to choose from, or change the opacity of the colour? as well as the colour, or at least just the opacity of the selected variable.

I hope I make sense. Thanks for any information. :)
It isn't yet clear whether you want to change the opacity of the entire skin or just a part of it (and which part that is, as well as what type of meter you refer to). If it's the entire skin, you don't need a Settings skin for that, you can just choose the opacity from the skin's right click context menu. If it's just one or more meters, it will depend of the meter type, e.g. for String meters it's the 4th parameter of FontColor, for Image meters there's an ImageAlpha option, for Shape meters it's the 4th parameter of Stroke Color and Fill Color, and so on. In case of meters, you can just use a variable you can define or set when specifying the opacity. Checking the manual for the type(s) of meters you're dealing with should make the above quite obvious (e.g. FontColor=255,0,0,#Opacity# and then using !SetVariable, !UpdateMeter and !Redraw to change the value of the Opacity variable as well as applying the changes to that meter, assuming it's a String one).

Otherwise, talking about the "opacity of the selected variable" doesn't really make sense, since variables are not visual elements to have a color in the first place. You can talk about changing the "opacity of the selected meter, through a variable" - notice the difference.

Obviously, if you're looking to "select" some color from the screen and change its opacity so you can apply it to something else, see balala's advice.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
RoseRain

Post by RoseRain »

I finally figured out how to do it and achieved what I wanted. Thank you for your help and replies :)
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

RoseRain wrote: April 2nd, 2024, 10:29 pm I finally figured out how to do it and achieved what I wanted. Thank you for your help and replies :)
You're welcome from my part - glad to see you managed to do it! :great:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth