It is currently April 27th, 2024, 9:57 pm

Rainmeter Flashback

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rainmeter Flashback

Post by balala »

White__Soda wrote: February 11th, 2024, 1:48 pmyes
eclectic-tech's suggestion about the clean uninstall is probably the good solution, however for first, if this is the case, I'd try something else. If you are interested, while Rainmeter is not launched (you can1t launch it, right?) try removing the Monstercat Visualizer config (or whatever is its name) from the Skins folder. For this go to the Skins folder (most probably it should be placed to C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins, however in some cases, depending on how did you install Rainmeter, it might be located into another place) and remove the config of the Monstercat Visualizer skin (the config of the original Monstercat Visualizer is Skins\Skins\Monstercat-Visualizer). If you did this, try launching Rainmeter, without a clean uninstall or anything else. If the culprit was indeed the Monstercat Visualizer, this remove of the config should fix the launching problem of Rainmeter.
White__Soda

Post by White__Soda »

Yincognito wrote: February 11th, 2024, 1:57 pm Great - then following eclectic-tech's advice should definitely solve the problem, since it's clear that the said version of the skin was the culprit. :thumbup:
Thank you, I removed the Monstercat Visualizer skin from the skins directory and it can now be used normally
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

White__Soda wrote: February 12th, 2024, 12:32 am Thank you, I removed the Monstercat Visualizer skin from the skins directory and it can now be used normally
Great news - I'm sure everyone here is glad that the issue was eventually solved. :great:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: February 12th, 2024, 12:43 am Great news - I'm sure everyone here is glad that the issue was eventually solved. :great:
I definitely am, however I wonder something and just can't find an answer. Because
White__Soda wrote: February 11th, 2024, 12:54 am Before this situation occurred, I downloaded and loaded the Monstercat Visualizer skin, and a window appeared: invalid package Monstercat Visualizer for rainmeter_2.1.0.rmskin
Afterwards, the rainmeter couldn't be opened
If OP got an Invalid package message while trying to install the package, this package shouldn't have been installed. But if had not been installed, what and how caused the issue? Am I missing something?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: February 12th, 2024, 1:21 pm I definitely am, however I wonder something and just can't find an answer. Because

If OP got an Invalid package message while trying to install the package, this package shouldn't have been installed. But if had not been installed, what and how caused the issue? Am I missing something?
No, you're not missing anything, what you said makes perfect sense. However, we can't possibly know all the details if the situation that led to this issue, there might have been other things contributing to the problem or, like it often happens, some of these steps were mixed up in the description. I guess the key thing is that the issue isn't present anymore and the OP could resume normal usage of Rainmeter. He didn't specify if he attempted to install Monstercat again from the GitHub link to make sure that works now as well, but what was clear that "something" from its previously existing Monstercat "installation" was the culprit and once he removed it, things got back to normal.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: February 12th, 2024, 4:11 pm No, you're not missing anything, what you said makes perfect sense. However, we can't possibly know all the details if the situation that led to this issue, there might have been other things contributing to the problem or, like it often happens, some of these steps were mixed up in the description. I guess the key thing is that the issue isn't present anymore and the OP could resume normal usage of Rainmeter. He didn't specify if he attempted to install Monstercat again from the GitHub link to make sure that works now as well, but what was clear that "something" from its previously existing Monstercat "installation" was the culprit and once he removed it, things got back to normal.
:thumbup: