It is currently April 27th, 2024, 8:20 am

Rainmeter Flashback

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
White__Soda

Rainmeter Flashback

Post by White__Soda »

After starting up Rainmeter, there is an icon in the taskbar tray. Clicking on the icon does not respond and does not display the main interface. After a while, the program will flash back
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rainmeter Flashback

Post by Yincognito »

White__Soda wrote: February 10th, 2024, 9:01 am After starting up Rainmeter, there is an icon in the taskbar tray. Clicking on the icon does not respond and does not display the main interface. After a while, the program will flash back
It would help to know your Windows version, Rainmeter version, and if you have any skins loaded when the described issue happens. More details are needed - you can even attach some screenshot or post a link to an uploaded video you recorded illustrating what happens. What you described shouldn't normally happen, so there must be some particularities causing this in your case.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

White__Soda wrote: February 10th, 2024, 9:01 am After starting up Rainmeter, there is an icon in the taskbar tray. Clicking on the icon does not respond and does not display the main interface. After a while, the program will flash back
Not sure what the "the program will flash back" does mean, however in my opinion the issue is caused by some skin(s). There would be needed to know the loaded skins. So, what skins are activated? Try deactivating them one by one and check the behavior of Rainmeter after each deactivation. This way you could identify the skin causing the trouble.
White__Soda

Post by White__Soda »

Yincognito wrote: February 10th, 2024, 12:14 pm It would help to know your Windows version, Rainmeter version, and if you have any skins loaded when the described issue happens. More details are needed - you can even attach some screenshot or post a link to an uploaded video you recorded illustrating what happens. What you described shouldn't normally happen, so there must be some particularities causing this in your case.
i didnt load any skins
Version Windows 11 Professional
Version 23H2
Installation date: February 10, 2024
Operating system version 22631.3085
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22684.1000.0
Last edited by White__Soda on February 11th, 2024, 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
White__Soda

Post by White__Soda »

White__Soda wrote: February 11th, 2024, 12:52 am Version Windows 11 Professional
Version 23H2
Installation date: February 10, 2024
Operating system version 22631.3085
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22684.1000.0
I did not load any skins. Before this situation occurred, I downloaded and loaded the Monstercat Visualizer skin, and a window appeared: invalid package Monstercat Visualizer for rainmeter_2.1.0.rmskin
Afterwards, the rainmeter couldn't be opened
White__Soda

Post by White__Soda »

After it starts, there will be an icon in the taskbar, but no matter how much you click, the main interface will not be displayed. After a while, the program will exit on its own
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

White__Soda wrote: February 11th, 2024, 12:54 am I did not load any skins. Before this situation occurred, I downloaded and loaded the Monstercat Visualizer skin, and a window appeared: invalid package Monstercat Visualizer for rainmeter_2.1.0.rmskin
Invalid package message is due to either a corrupted download file or a rmskin package that was modified.

I would follow the instructions for a Clean Uninstall.

Once you have the default illustro skins working, download a new copy of Monstercat from the author Github site here: https://github.com/marcopixel/monstercat-visualizer/releases/tag/2.1.0
The rmskin link to download is at the bottom of that page.

After installing that package, you should have a working Rainmeter and Monstercat visualizer.

If you are still having trouble, please follow the tip 'How to get help on the forum' to provide us with as much information on your Rainmeter installation and system.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

White__Soda wrote: February 11th, 2024, 12:54 am I did not load any skins. Before this situation occurred, I downloaded and loaded the Monstercat Visualizer skin, and a window appeared: invalid package Monstercat Visualizer for rainmeter_2.1.0.rmskin
Besides eclectic-tech's suggestion, just curious and to make this clearer: did Rainmeter work as expected before trying to load the corrupted Monstercat Visualizer? :???:
White__Soda

Post by White__Soda »

Yincognito wrote: February 11th, 2024, 10:51 am Besides eclectic-tech's suggestion, just curious and to make this clearer: did Rainmeter work as expected before trying to load the corrupted Monstercat Visualizer? :???:
yes
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

White__Soda wrote: February 11th, 2024, 1:48 pmyes
Great - then following eclectic-tech's advice should definitely solve the problem, since it's clear that the said version of the skin was the culprit. :thumbup: