FileFilter=*.txt
And this Variable setup in a separate inc:

Code: Select all

[Variables]
DailyBTitle=Lunch
THrs2=12
TMin2=56
TSec2=22
The files are linked with an @Include in the Measure ini.

If the txt file is changed, would or can I make it, register in the main ini without a refresh?

Thanks for any help or advice.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Using an On Update Action In a Quote Measure

Post by Yincognito »

CodeCode wrote: January 11th, 2024, 10:50 am So, I have this Measure;

[MeasureNote]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=QuotePlugin
PathName=#Schedule#
Disabled=0
Separator=¶
Subfolders=0
FileFilter=*.txt
And this Variable setup in a separate inc:

[Variables]
DailyBTitle=Lunch
THrs2=12
TMin2=56
TSec2=22
The files are linked with an @Include in the Measure ini.

If the txt file is changed, would or can I make it, register in the main ini without a refresh?

Thanks for any help or advice.
Only @include files need a refresh to retrieve again their changed contents. You don't need to @include the .txt or whatever files parsed by the Quote plugin, so a simple update of the Quote measure should do what you want. Obviously, the .inc where your variables are will need refreshing the skin to re-read their potentially changed contents, but this shouldn't have anything to do with the .txt file(s) used by the Quote plugin.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Yincognito wrote: January 11th, 2024, 12:43 pm Obviously, the .inc where your variables are will need refreshing the skin to re-read their potentially changed contents
Ok. It isn't a big deal. The changes in the inc file is where the variables are stored. So, the notion of having a functional skin without refreshes would have saved me a lot of extra coding.

I will need to make several variable groups, so I can use the !SetVariable and !WriteKeyValue to get things to be persistent - well, I would have had to do that anyway, Only not as much.
:bow:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

CodeCode wrote: January 11th, 2024, 6:23 pm Ok. It isn't a big deal. The changes in the inc file is where the variables are stored. So, the notion of having a functional skin without refreshes would have saved me a lot of extra coding.

I will need to make several variable groups, so I can use the !SetVariable and !WriteKeyValue to get things to be persistent - well, I would have had to do that anyway, Only not as much.
:bow:
Well, you can have a perfectly functional skin with just !SetVariable, !Update... an !Redraw and no refresh whatsoever. The fact that you may use !WriteKeyValue to store changes to files and make them persistent doesn't mean you need to refresh the skin as well in those moments...
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Yincognito wrote: January 11th, 2024, 6:55 pm Well, you can have a perfectly functional skin with just !SetVariable, !Update... an !Redraw and no refresh whatsoever. The fact that you may use !WriteKeyValue to store changes to files and make them persistent doesn't mean you need to refresh the skin as well in those moments...
Exactamundo.