It is currently April 27th, 2024, 3:25 pm

Changing weather icons

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Dapperkevin

Changing weather icons

Post by Dapperkevin »

I just recently decided to change the weather icon and I got it from this link https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=36287, is there any way to change a newer current weather icon?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Changing weather icons

Post by balala »

Dapperkevin wrote: January 8th, 2024, 3:22 pm I just recently decided to change the weather icon and I got it from this link https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=36287, is there any way to change a newer current weather icon?
Which skin are you using, on which one would you like to change the icon? This might be an important question, because weather.com returns this information as a number and all skins using weather.com have to have the icons numbered. In the posted package the icons have names (for instance clear-day.png, clear-night.png, cloudy.png and so on), instead of being numbered. This is why you can't use this package just like that, by simply copying the .png files into your config.
Other weather data providers might use another approach and most probably there is / are providers which return this information in a proper way to can use these files just like they are. But this is another story and since me personally am using only weather.com, can't recommend another skin.
So, first question: which skin are you using, on which one would you like to replace the icons?
Dapperkevin

Post by Dapperkevin »

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Dapperkevin wrote: January 8th, 2024, 3:59 pm I am using https://www.deviantart.com/apexxx-sensei/art/Mond-762455575 as a weather widgets
In this case it's pretty simple, because Mond uses yahoo as weather data provider (https://www.yahoo.com/news/weather). You can simply copy the .png files from the above package (from one of the \JDWI-COLR\1x\, \JDWI-COLR\2x\ or any other folder) to the Mond\@Resources\WeatherIcons\ folder, overwriting the existing files. The folders of the posted package have much more icons than the needed ones, you don't have to copy all of them. It's completely enough to copy only the files with the same names as those existing in the Mond\@Resources\WeatherIcons\ folder.
Dapperkevin

Post by Dapperkevin »

How do I deal with weather icons contained in html?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Dapperkevin wrote: January 8th, 2024, 4:19 pm How do I deal with weather icons contained in html?
You don't. Those are SVG files, which can't be used directly in Rainmeter. You'd need to convert them to PNG format using some image processing/editing utility. Use the PNG files that he provides instead.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Dapperkevin wrote: January 8th, 2024, 4:19 pm How do I deal with weather icons contained in html?
As SilverAzide said, you need a piece of software to convert the .svg file to .png, or you can try an online tool, like https://svgtopng.com/ (but there are others as well).
Dapperkevin

Post by Dapperkevin »

After downloading from svg into png images this happened when changing icons into [Mond\@Resources\WeatherIcons\, the icon is lost after refreshing it
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Dapperkevin wrote: January 9th, 2024, 1:01 am After downloading from svg into png images this happened when changing icons into [Mond\@Resources\WeatherIcons\, the icon is lost after refreshing it
The icons of the original Mond weather skin are named differently from what you posted.
They use an Underscore _ not a dash - to divide words; clear_day.png NOT clear-day.png

Mond original icon images and names:
mondweathericonnames.png
Rename the images correctly and they should work with the Mond weather code. :)
Dapperkevin

Post by Dapperkevin »

Is there a way to change weather icons color?