It is currently April 27th, 2024, 1:41 pm

My Animation Button isn't playing.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Thinkr8

Re: My Animation Button isn't playing.

Post by Thinkr8 »

Hello, now I'm more confused than I was.

Thank you Balala, I think we're on the right track -but- I'm having difficulties understanding your directions, sorry.

I uploaded a test package so we won't have to keep explaining the same thing over and over, I hope it helps and I do give you praise for your knowledge of Rainmeter.
My Animation Button_1.rmskin
I learn better by example. In other words, "watching something work with Rainmeter and looking at the code while it is in action is how I learn Rainmeter." Reading how Rainmeter is supposed to work is problematic for me.

TY :) - NOTE: I forgot to change USS ENTERPRISE NCC-1701-G to My Animation Button, and I didn't add the tooltip.inc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Someone said, "Your thinking too much, so I thought more."
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Thinkr8 wrote: December 27th, 2023, 1:51 pm Hello, now I'm more confused than I was.

Thank you Balala, I think we're on the right track -but- I'm having difficulties understanding your directions, sorry.

I uploaded a test package so we won't have to keep explaining the same thing over and over, I hope it helps and I do give you praise for your knowledge of Rainmeter.

My Animation Button_1.rmskin

I learn better by example. In other words, "watching something work with Rainmeter and looking at the code while it is in action is how I learn Rainmeter." Reading how Rainmeter is supposed to work is problematic for me.

TY :) - NOTE: I forgot to change USS ENTERPRISE NCC-1701-G to My Animation Button, and I didn't add the tooltip.inc.
One way to do it, without the ConfigActive plugin (it's just a messy attempt but I think it does what you want, if I understood correctly):
My Animation Button 2_2.0.0.rmskin
Note that this will probably overwrite your existing My Animation Button skin if versions match. Probably not the case since I've set it to v. 2.0.0, but making a backup of yours doesn't hurt - at least you'd be able to compare the codes better.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Thinkr8

Post by Thinkr8 »

That's it Yincognito, it works just the way I wanted it to, thank you so much. Now I know how to make an Ani Button, thank you for that as well. Is there anything I do for you? Provided I can. :)

And Balala, thank you too, you guys rock. Happy New Year.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Thinkr8 wrote: December 27th, 2023, 2:59 pm That's it Yincognito, it works just the way I wanted it to, thank you so much. Now I know how to make an Ani Button, thank you for that as well. Is there anything I do for you? Provided I can. :)

And Balala, thank you too, you guys rock. Happy New Year.
Happy New Year to you too. Here's another gift for you, which uses the ConfigActive plugin - this is recommended, since it will react properly even if the shield skin is unloaded via Rainmeter's context menu (which the earlier variant did not):
My Animation Button 3_3.0.0.rmskin
For this one to work, just like balala mentioned, the Update value in the [Rainmeter] section of your B16.ini must not be -1, so that the MeasureActive measure there can update and do its thing. So, for consistency, I've set both skins' Update values to 1000.

Feel free to use UpdateDivider=-1 on the sections you only want to update once at skin load, or, alternatively, if you find it easier, set DefaultUpdateDivider=-1 in the [Rainmeter] section followed by excluding MeasureActive from it by adding an UpdateDivider=1 to it:
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/skins/rainmeter-section/#DefaultUpdateDivider

P.S. The ConfigActive plugin is not included in the package above, you'll have to install it separately.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Thinkr8 wrote: December 27th, 2023, 2:59 pm And Balala, thank you too, you guys rock. Happy New Year.
Wish a Happy New Year to you too. I guess all (?) your problems are solved now by Yincognito. Am I right?
Thinkr8

Post by Thinkr8 »

balala wrote: December 27th, 2023, 3:33 pm Wish a Happy New Year to you too. I guess all (?) your problems are solved now by Yincognito. Am I right?
Yes, Balala, I'm good to go. Yincognito gave me what I needed (and you did). Thanks again.

Yincognito, the first version you gave after I incorporated it into the suite/skin works wonderfully so I think I'll leave it as is for now.
Version 3 will have to wait.
Thank you.
(You guy's rock)
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Thinkr8 wrote: December 27th, 2023, 3:56 pmYincognito, the first version you gave after I incorporated it into the suite/skin works wonderfully so I think I'll leave it as is for now.
Version 3 will have to wait.
Sure thing.
The last variant, without the IfCondition, the Act variable, or the Config Active plugin - this time, reacting to unloading from the context menu too...
B16.ini:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
@Include="#@#Ink\ContextMenu1.inc"
Update=-1
AccurateText=1

[Metadata]
Name=B16.ini
Author=Thinkr8 (AST)
Version=1.0 Build 
License=http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0 (Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 3.0)
Information=Ship Shields Button.

[Variables]
@IncludeTips="#@#Ink\ToolTips.inc"
@IncludeApps="#@#Ink\Apps.inc"

Ord=0

[MeasureActive]
Measure=Calc
OnUpdateAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureOrd" "Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure "MeasureOrd" "Execute 2"]

[MeasureAnimation]
Measure=Calc
Formula=#Ord#
RegExpSubstitute=1
Substitute="^(.*)$":"00\1","^.*(.{2})$":"\1"
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasureOrd]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ActionTimer
Group=Sliders
ActionList1=Repeat Up,20,10 | Wait 500 | ActivConf
Up=[!SetVariable Ord (Clamp((#Ord#+1),0,10))][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureOrd"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureAnimation"][!UpdateMeter "AniImageButton"][!Redraw]
ActivConf=[!ActivateConfig "My Animation Button\Pulp\Shields" "Shield.ini"]
ActionList2=Repeat Down,20,10 | Wait 500 | DeactivConfig
Down=[!SetVariable Ord "(Clamp((#Ord#-1),0,10))"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureOrd"][!UpdateMeasure "MeasureAnimation"][!UpdateMeter "AniImageButton"][!Redraw]
DeactivConfig=[]
DynamicVariables=1

[AniImageButton]
Meter=Image
ImageName=#@#Images\Buttons\Shields\[MeasureAnimation].png
X=0
Y=0
W=48
H=133
PreserveAspectRatio=1
AntiAlias=1
ToolTipText="#AS#"
ToolTipHidden="#HideTips#"
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureOrd" "Stop 2"][!CommandMeasure "MeasureOrd" "Execute 1"]
DynamicVariables=1
Shield.ini:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
@Include="#@#Ink\ContextMenu1.inc"
Update=-1
AccurateText=1
DynamicWindowSize=1
OnCloseAction=[!UpdateMeasure MeasureActive "My Animation Button\Pulp\Buttons\Shields"]

[Metadata]
Name=Shield.ini
Author=Amerisphere Software Technologies (AST) Thinkr8
Version=1.0 Build 
License=http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0 (Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 3.0)
Information=Forward Shield/Blocks access to the desktop.

[Variables]
@IncludeTips="#@#Ink\ToolTips.inc"
@IncludeApps="#@#Ink\Apps.inc"

[ShieldImage]
Meter=IMAGE
ImageName="#@#Images\Shield.png"
W=1920
H=1080
ToolTipText="#FS#"

[BImage]
Meter=IMAGE
ImageName="#@#Images\P1.png"
X=650
Y=80
W=36
H=36
ToolTipText="#DS#"
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# GreyScale 1][!UpdateMeter #CURRENTSECTION#][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# GreyScale 0][!UpdateMeter #CURRENTSECTION#][!Redraw]
LeftMouseDownAction=[PLAY #@#Add Ons\Star Date Chronometer\Chronometer\sounds\tos-button-6.wav][!DeactivateConfig]["#AppSHTB#"]
DynamicVariables=1
Like described earlier, this simply updates the dummy MeasureActive from B16 (the one sliding down the slider) from the OnCloseAction of Shield. No variable, no plugin, just updating a dummy measure from another skin.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Thinkr8 wrote: December 27th, 2023, 3:56 pm Yes, Balala, I'm good to go. Yincognito gave me what I needed (and you did). Thanks again.
You're welcome. :thumbup: