It is currently April 27th, 2024, 1:31 pm

Overlay needs manual activation.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yesterday

Overlay needs manual activation.

Post by Yesterday »

Hey guys,
I use overlay to hide my audio visualiser. The problem is, whenever I log in into my PC, I always have to manually unload and reload my overlay skin because the visualiser is on top of the overlay. Here is my overlay skin ''code'' or whatever you may call them that I use (source Youtube) :

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=-1
AlwaysOnTop=-1

[ReWall]
Meter=Image
ImageName=1.png
W=1920
H=1080
Tile=0
PreserveAspectRadio=0
LoadOrder=-1
Any help/opinion would be much appreciated. Thanks !
Last edited by balala on December 26th, 2023, 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use <code> tags whenever are posting codes. It's the </> button.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Overlay needs manual activation.

Post by balala »

Yesterday wrote: December 26th, 2023, 5:57 pm I use overlay to hide my audio visualiser. The problem is, whenever I log in into my PC, I always have to manually unload and reload my overlay skin because the visualiser is on top of the overlay. Here is my overlay skin ''code'' or whatever you may call them that I use (source Youtube) :
What do you mean by "I use overlay to hide my audio visualiser."? Do you want this skin to cover the visualizer? Am not sure what is your intention.
Anyway what I do see is that you are using incorrectly the AlwaysOnTop option in the [Rainmeter] section. It can't be used in this section, it belongs to the appropriate section of the Rainmeter.ini file, which stores the settings of all skins.
So, if you want to use this option you have two possibilities:
  • Right-click the Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area, click Edit settings. The Rainmeter.ini file opens in the default text editor. Look for the appropriate section (("appropriate section" means the section which has the same name as your config). So for instance the config name (which you have to look for in the Rainmeter.ini) of the C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\illustro\Clock\Clock.ini skin is illustro\Clock. If you find this section, add the AlwaysOnTop=-1 option to it.
  • Another much simpler (in my opinion) way to add the same setting is to add the following option to the [Rainmeter] section of your code (this means you have to replace the mistakenly added AlwaysOnTop=-1 in the [Rainmeter] section, with the following option): OnRefreshAction=[!ZPos "-1"]. This bang is applied when you refresh / activate the skin, setting the skin immediately bottom.
Yesterday

Post by Yesterday »

Ahh, all solved. The first method works just fine for me. Thank you very much ! Have a good day !
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yesterday wrote: December 26th, 2023, 9:47 pm Ahh, all solved. The first method works just fine for me. Thank you very much ! Have a good day !
Glad to help. :thumbup: