It is currently April 28th, 2024, 3:26 pm

Using UsageMonitor stste to toggle output to a string.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
CodeCode

Re: Using UsageMonitor stste to toggle output to a string.

Post by CodeCode »

balala wrote: December 9th, 2023, 8:23 am This might seem a nitpick, but don't intend it to be. But Process is not anymore a plugin, meantime it has been converted to an internal measure. It should be used accordingly, by replacing the Measure=PlugIn and PlugIn=Process options by Measure=Process.
Yes. That I do know and for a while. But, frustratingly I get this:
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

CodeCode wrote: December 9th, 2023, 10:12 am Yes. That I do know and for a while. But, frustratingly I get this:
Capture.PNG
Maybe your syntax highlighter is not updated to match the current Rainmeter syntax? Just a guess, because otherwise the code should work, right? :???:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

EDIT: Oups.... Yincognito beat me. Again, as usually...
CodeCode wrote: December 9th, 2023, 10:12 am Yes. That I do know and for a while. But, frustratingly I get this:
Means the code highlighter of your text editor (called RainLexer in Notepad++, but I don't know if it's the same in Sublime Text, which seems you're using - sorry if I'm mistaken) is outdated. Should update it.
Or maybe you're using a version of Rainmeter prior to r3403 (which got the Process plugin converted to measure)? Not too probably, but is a possibility.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

I have looked for a newer update for syntax highlighting for sublimetext3 - for this reason. I went through the motions of reinstalling the package.

Perhaps I need to delete all of the syntax files - I do have other syntax highlighters, so I wouldn't want to mistakenly change those, since one of them is a stand alone compiler as well - a real pain to have gotten working.

So I guess that having that one and only thing could be ignored if this try doesn't fix it.

I'll look into it. :oops:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

CodeCode wrote: December 10th, 2023, 1:03 am So I guess that having that one and only thing could be ignored if this try doesn't fix it.
You can ignore, there is nothing wrong with this, being your choice. Or you can use the plugin syntax as well, there is nothing wrong with this either. For backward compatibility reasons, Rainmeter still supports this syntax and I assume it will for long time from now. If you know you have this situation, can live with it. I just saw the coding issue (or in fact it's not even an issue) and wrote my observation.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

balala wrote: December 10th, 2023, 6:49 am You can ignore, there is nothing wrong with this, being your choice. Or you can use the plugin syntax as well, there is nothing wrong with this either. For backward compatibility reasons, Rainmeter still supports this syntax and I assume it will for long time from now. If you know you have this situation, can live with it. I just saw the coding issue (or in fact it's not even an issue) and wrote my observation.
Alright. I actually have noticed this in the past. I decided to use the Plugin Syntax to avoid the pink block highlight.

As you said, it is simply a 'cosmetic' thing, so either way will continue to work.

I like notepad++ but its darkmode is terrible. I prefer darkmode more than the more recent rainmeter syntax highlighting being current in NP++.
The code is block highlighted not the actual text, in the ST syntax highlighting for rainmeter looks better to me.

In actuality, I could try to modify the Sublime Text syntax since it is only one actual word. Is this possible, or should I leave well enough alone? :confused:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

CodeCode wrote: December 13th, 2023, 10:01 pmI like notepad++ but its darkmode is terrible.
Never used dark mode in Notepad++, but even if used, things in the editing window can be overriden via a style from Settings > Style Configurator in any way you prefer. Pretty sure you can get rid of the other issues you don't like (e.g. block highlighting) as well. Just saying...
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Yincognito wrote: December 13th, 2023, 10:29 pm Never used dark mode in Notepad++, but even if used, things in the editing window can be overriden via a style from Settings > Style Configurator in any way you prefer. Pretty sure you can get rid of the other issues you don't like (e.g. block highlighting) as well. Just saying...
Yes, changing those things does come to mind. But... that is a LOT of editing, on the highlight theme premade to be useful.
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Yincognito wrote: December 13th, 2023, 10:29 pm Never used dark mode in Notepad++, but even if used, things in the editing window can be overriden via a style from Settings > Style Configurator in any way you prefer. Pretty sure you can get rid of the other issues you don't like (e.g. block highlighting) as well. Just saying...
Actually there wasn't very much to change. In the face of choice, I think I have a decent enough theme for a dark-mode.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

CodeCode wrote: December 13th, 2023, 11:41 pm Actually there wasn't very much to change. In the face of choice, I think I have a decent enough theme for a dark-mode.
Good to have alternatives, if one day you need them. ;-)