It is currently April 27th, 2024, 7:37 pm

Rainmeter won't load skins at startup

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rainmeter won't load skins at startup

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: December 8th, 2023, 4:57 pm Ah, I see - it was just a guess worth to try. In any case, we're on the right path here, since at least some skins work. ;-)
Yep, you were completely right assuming this. I also did assume this, but gave it a try and figured out that this is not a problem. I still assume there is something wrong with those skins, however it's weird to have such errors in more skins. So waiting for a package...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: December 8th, 2023, 6:31 pm Yep, you were completely right assuming this. I also did assume this, but gave it a try and figured out that this is not a problem. I still assume there is something wrong with those skins, however it's weird to have such errors in more skins. So waiting for a package...
Well, thanks to your tests, at least now we know that square brackets in a skin's path are perfectly fine to have. :thumbup:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: December 8th, 2023, 7:06 pm Well, thanks to your tests, at least now we know that square brackets in a skin's path are perfectly fine to have. :thumbup:
Fine yes, but confusing as well, for sure. I wouldn't use them, but if someone use them, there is nothing wrong with this.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: December 8th, 2023, 8:06 pm Fine yes, but confusing as well, for sure. I wouldn't use them, but if someone use them, there is nothing wrong with this.
Agreed. :thumbup:
Nilvarno

Post by Nilvarno »

Yincognito wrote: December 8th, 2023, 4:57 pm Ah, I see - it was just a guess worth to try. In any case, we're on the right path here, since at least some skins work. ;-)
Actually you were right. Without the square brackets, it worked. I think it was not only that, the issue, because i already tried without them and it didn't work. Brackets may be a problem in the end. Thank you for your support anyway, as always!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Nilvarno wrote: December 9th, 2023, 7:11 am Actually you were right. Without the square brackets, it worked. I think it was not only that, the issue, because i already tried without them and it didn't work. Brackets may be a problem in the end.
A package of one of those previously not-working skins would still be fine. But from my part at least glad if you got them working.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Nilvarno wrote: December 9th, 2023, 7:11 am Actually you were right. Without the square brackets, it worked. I think it was not only that, the issue, because i already tried without them and it didn't work. Brackets may be a problem in the end. Thank you for your support anyway, as always!
Yeah, no problem - it might be a combination of both or some other strange character lost there, though it shouldn't be the case, as balala found out. Anyway, you can now debug things yourself and find the culprits just by selectively loading / unloading each skin till you find where the issue was. When you do, and if it's something more or not related to the brackets and you can't find the fix on your own, you can post the problematic code as suggested by balala, and most likely there will be an explanation / solution to it. Hopefully you feel better now, seeing that the problem can be handled. :great: