It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 3:57 pm

Neo Music Player

Media controls, music players, video and animated visualizers
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Neo Music Player

Post by Yincognito »

ZXCVBOT wrote: November 8th, 2023, 5:09 pm You guys need to stop making silly mistakes [...]
Maybe, this tooo much practise [...]
You were saying? :sly:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
ZXCVBOT

Post by ZXCVBOT »

Practise: To perform an activity regularly in order to become proficient in it or improve a skill.

Atleasssst verrrriiifffyyy yoourrr aaarrgguuuummeeennnttsss ooonn thhhee neeettt! :rofl: + I do not use American English.. Except in a few scenarios - or if I am forced - like color instead of colour. You guys sure eat a lot of "u's" huh?! :uhuh:

It's not like I said advice / advise.... sheesh!
ZXCVBOT

Post by ZXCVBOT »

Known Bugs v2.01: When launching player from skin, the cover window shows fade-color on top.
Fixes:
1. Fix - No Changes:
Simply hover over cover to enable the hiding of meters manually after the delay.
2. Fix - Changes Required:
Add Hidden=1 in [M_Background_Stroke].
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

ZXCVBOT wrote: November 9th, 2023, 8:56 am Practise: To perform an activity regularly in order to become proficient in it or improve a skill.

Atleasssst verrrriiifffyyy yoourrr aaarrgguuuummeeennnttsss ooonn thhhee neeettt! :rofl: + I do not use American English.. Except in a few scenarios - or if I am forced - like color instead of colour. You guys sure eat a lot of "u's" huh?! :uhuh:

It's not like I said advice / advise.... sheesh!
Just so you know, you used it as a noun and not a verb earlier, distinguished "sage", and one doesn't need the net to know that. Not that it would matter much, but failing to admit own mistakes while pointing out others' and this defensive / offensive tone on harmless jokes after using the knowledge of these allegedly mistake prone guys to build a couple of your skins doesn't exactly recommend you for that role yet.

You could practise some restraint on reacting like this for code unrelated stuff going forward, so that having that too much practice of yours can become more valuable for you and this community. It's an advice I got as well in the past, it's your choice whether you'll follow it or not - it's not like anyone is attacking you here. Only then you could properly advise others on their mistakes.
ZXCVBOT

Post by ZXCVBOT »

Yincognito wrote: November 9th, 2023, 12:21 pm Just so you know, you used it as a noun and not a verb earlier, distinguished "sage", and one doesn't need the net to know that. Not that it would matter much, but failing to admit own mistakes while pointing out others' and this defensive / offensive tone on harmless jokes after using the knowledge of these allegedly mistake prone guys to build a couple of your skins doesn't exactly recommend you for that role yet.
You got me! Good catch Mr. Sage! I am going to wear that mistake now-on. Thanks for your advice. Earlier I did not check my comment and it was made at very-late night/dawn while sleepy. And today, I saw what you posted as quotes: "Maybe, this tooo much practise [...]".

I don't want that kind of - burden/duty (?) - to be some sage/saviour. I get the context of a lot of things, but I don't point - but when I do - I mean no offense(/offence)/harm mostly as a joke.
If eclectic-tech found the comment unfunny+offensive, I take it back. I am sorry if you are offended.
Yincognito wrote: November 9th, 2023, 12:21 pm You could practise some restraint on reacting like this for code unrelated stuff going forward, so that having that too much practice of yours can become more valuable for you and this community. It's an advice I got as well in the past, it's your choice whether you'll follow it or not - it's not like anyone is attacking you here. Only then you could properly advise others on their mistakes.
From today, I will restrain myself from such inefficacious reactions. Also, I will work towards the welfare of other people (and me) and not point to their mistakes - except codes. Okay?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

I did not feel offended at all by your comment, we all make typos, and I should have looked closer before hitting "Submit". :oops:

It is good to see your enthusiasm and with Yincogmito's advice... I say: "Carry On!" :thumbup:
I hope to try your music skin soon... and will offer any feedback if needed.
I was working on the Open-Meteo API codes and haven't had the time until now.
ZXCVBOT

Post by ZXCVBOT »

Unrelated to code reply alert: :oops: :bow: I do the same you know.. I hit submit - Look at my mistake - hit Edit - Repeat.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

ZXCVBOT wrote: November 9th, 2023, 1:16 pmFrom today, I will restrain myself from such inefficacious reactions. Also, I will work towards the welfare of other people (and me) and not point to their mistakes - except codes. Okay?
Oh well, it was just a friendly suggestion, you do as you want - no need for sarcasm (if I got that part right). I was just saying that it would be better to not go into more heated discussions / arguments pointlessly, other sites have plenty of that stuff unfortunately. As much as I loved the way you approached things in the other thread by being positive and encouraging code development from others, I feel the complete opposite about an endless spiral of pointing someone else's mistakes, irrespective of where they come from or where they are directed to. It's ok to have a reasonable reaction on mistakes or a joke when you feel like it, I'm just saying it should be done with a cool head and not making it bigger than it is (see, that's one use of PMs, for example). I'd just prefer to have a nice atmosphere on the forum, that's all. ;-)

P.S. For me, the "Sage" title is neither a burden nor a duty - nobody forces me do do anything. I do it cause I like it and it's a way to "give back" what I also received from others. It's an honor to have the little things I do valued by folks I respect. This is a rare commodity nowadays.
Notice how I skipped eclectic-tech's typo on my nickname above - since we're at it. It's minor, it happens once in a while - no biggie.
ZXCVBOT

Post by ZXCVBOT »

You got that part right! Other websites do have that kind of atmosphere - but this website has the best (don't mean to flatter - just saying the truth) people that help other people and guide properly and not judge them.
Aaaaand I am not a Sage/Dev here, so I don't know how that works: again if an apology is required: Sorry 'Yincogmito' :Whistle !
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

ZXCVBOT wrote: November 10th, 2023, 11:08 am again if an apology is required: Sorry 'Yincogmito' :Whistle !
From my part, it's not needed at all, it's ok. Nevertheless, if you give it, it goes without saying that it's accepted without any issues, so we can all carry on with the Rainmeter related stuff as usual. ;-) :thumbup: