It is currently April 28th, 2024, 6:00 pm

How to execute the "Reboot to UEFI Bios" command with Rainmeter

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: How to execute the "Reboot to UEFI Bios" command with Rainmeter

Post by Yincognito »

Youkai1977 wrote: November 21st, 2023, 5:25 pmQuite the opposite, if his dad dares to have even one beer. :x :thumbdown:
Balance is key in everything. Neither none or too many are good.
Youkai1977 wrote: November 21st, 2023, 5:25 pm if you can only visualize it thanks to a PiHole
Or a firewall and some browser extensions.
Youkai1977 wrote: November 21st, 2023, 5:25 pmThat's why I like to work with example code or ready-made skins/meters here at Rainmeter, for example, where I pick out what I think is what I need and experiment with it.
There is Google Translate, you know. Personally, apart from offering some samples to begin with, I don't like to provide too many things served on a plate, I prefer some user involvement, either by writing a part of the code, researching the topic on his own beforehand, or showing that he gets the idea.
Youkai1977 wrote: November 21st, 2023, 5:25 pmLooking back, when I needed help here, there were also a lot of times when I simply made a small mistake in the code.
Indeed, that's normal, and so is forgetting some things after a while. I would have liked you to realize how to replace the command / parameters earlier in the last replies though - just saying. Like you stated, I'm sure that looking back at it, you now find that it was easy, because it actually was. Like changing a flat tire with a different brand - you didn't have to produce the tire yourself, it was there for taking. ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Youkai1977

Post by Youkai1977 »

Balance is key in everything. Neither none or too many are good.
That's right, especially with things like this, it's like the salt in food. Too much is well ... :vomit:
Or a firewall and some browser extensions.
I use many of these things. In my browser (Firefox), for example, I have uBlock Origin and Ghostery, just to name two. I do NOT have my router running on my provider's DNS. Because ... *irony on* ... there is no internet censorship in Germany ... *cough* *irony off*
Here I use a free DNS provider. And in the router, as well as the end devices connected to it, I also have everything active that seems to me to be known, useful and, according to my level of knowledge, necessary on the subject of Internet security.
In addition, I now have the PiHole, which is proving to be very useful from day to day.
I'm also currently thinking about setting up a VPN. However, due to my lack of knowledge, I need time to deal with this in peace and quiet, which is not always easy with a family. So having time.
Surely, someone who is really an expert in the subject will smile at the measures I have listed here, as there is certainly much more possible and probably necessary. But I think that at least with the things I have mentioned, I have already implemented more security and protection than 95% of normal users in Germany and worldwide.
There is Google Translate, you know. Personally, apart from offering some samples to begin with, I don't like to provide too many things served on a plate, I prefer some user involvement, either by writing a part of the code, researching the topic on his own beforehand, or showing that he gets the idea.
I also work with translators a lot. But as I mentioned, the quality of the translators, whether Google translators or, for example, DeepL translators, is very different here. This leads to misunderstandings on my part, for example when someone wants to help me here in the forum.
Therefore, I fully agree with you. Giving food for thought and letting people find out for themselves is better than serving everything up on a golden platter.
That's why I also said that I like to take ready-made skins/meters, analyze them and first try to find out for myself how something works and what it's for.
For example, I have noticed in the past that many people split their skins/meters over several files, e.g. "example.ini" and "exampledata.inc".
At first it didn't occur to me why you would do that because I didn't and had everything in one file.
But with larger and more extensive codes, the sense quickly becomes apparent.
Or that you code skins/meters in such a way that they also work directly when passed on to someone else on the system. For example, do not enter fixed file paths, but work with "#@#".
Indeed, that's normal, and so is forgetting some things after a while. I would have liked you to realize how to replace the command / parameters earlier ... [...] ...
Right, especially for me at the moment. I have so much going on at the moment that it's easy for me to forget things. Especially when, like for me, since I only do RM a little bit on the side as a hobby, there are big breaks where I write a skin/meter.
That's why it's not surprising that you're surprised that I was so ignorant about your current assistance and asked several times until I finally understood it.
I'm also making a lot of careless mistakes at the moment, because my mind is actually in a completely different place, and then in a quiet moment I try to quickly implement an aid that is sometimes translated more poorly than correctly by a translator.
It's a bit suboptimal for me at the moment, my life and my hobby Rainmeter ... :Whistle O.O
- Win11 Pro x64 (23H2 - 22631.3085)
- Rainmeter 4.5.18
- Gigabyte B550i AORUS Pro AX V1.2
- Corsair Venegeance LPX 2x 16GB (32GB) DDR4 3200MHz
- RYZEN 7 5800X
- PowerColor RX570 8GB
- Samsung 980Pro 250GB (NVMe) - Drive C: Windows
- Kingston SNV2S1000G (NVMe) - Drive D: Rainmeter, Skins & Others - Drive D: Games
- NAS Synology DS216j - 2x 1GB HDDs - My Main Backup & Data Storage in my Home-Network
- Mon 1: 24" HP 24f (1920 x 1080 @ 75Hz) - Primary
- Mon 2: 22" Philips 226VL (1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz) - Secondary 1
- Mon 3: 50" Philips 50PUS7304/12 (3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz) - Secondary 2
- Corsair CX 650M Power Supply
- NZXT H210 Case
- ISP Vodafone with 1000/50 Mbit Cable Internet

The absolutly High-End Machine on 2024 ... at least the graphics card :oops: O.O :rofl:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Youkai1977 wrote: November 24th, 2023, 8:55 am That's right [...] my life and my hobby Rainmeter ... :Whistle O.O
Yep, it's good to have a higher security level, though one should be aware that even the best one can be breached, if really wanted. I'm well aware that atrocious translation and lack of practice are sometimes disadvantages, but usually with a bit of intuition, they can be compensated. As for life itself, it's worth to remember that many do even worse, so one should appreciate what he has and not wait until he lost things to perceive their often overlooked value. ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Youkai1977

Post by Youkai1977 »

Yep, it's good to have a higher security level, though one should be aware that even the best one can be breached, if really wanted.
That is correct. Especially recently, when even large corporations, which now have significantly more opportunities and financial resources to invest in cyber security, are being hacked. What can a private individual do to counter this?
But that is precisely why it is all the more important to at least put in place what you can and know about security measures.
I'm well aware that atrocious translation and lack of practice are sometimes disadvantages, but usually with a bit of intuition, they can be compensated.
This is how it looks. Translators are like a navigation system in a car. You shouldn't blindly rely on the instructions and ONLY use something like this in combination with your brain. :rofl:

The last one is correct. Especially when it comes to family. These are priceless things that you should appreciate.
- Win11 Pro x64 (23H2 - 22631.3085)
- Rainmeter 4.5.18
- Gigabyte B550i AORUS Pro AX V1.2
- Corsair Venegeance LPX 2x 16GB (32GB) DDR4 3200MHz
- RYZEN 7 5800X
- PowerColor RX570 8GB
- Samsung 980Pro 250GB (NVMe) - Drive C: Windows
- Kingston SNV2S1000G (NVMe) - Drive D: Rainmeter, Skins & Others - Drive D: Games
- NAS Synology DS216j - 2x 1GB HDDs - My Main Backup & Data Storage in my Home-Network
- Mon 1: 24" HP 24f (1920 x 1080 @ 75Hz) - Primary
- Mon 2: 22" Philips 226VL (1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz) - Secondary 1
- Mon 3: 50" Philips 50PUS7304/12 (3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz) - Secondary 2
- Corsair CX 650M Power Supply
- NZXT H210 Case
- ISP Vodafone with 1000/50 Mbit Cable Internet

The absolutly High-End Machine on 2024 ... at least the graphics card :oops: O.O :rofl: