It is currently April 27th, 2024, 8:23 pm

Solved: ClearType Text

General topics related to Rainmeter.
ZXCVBOT

Solved: ClearType Text

Post by ZXCVBOT »

This is not a Rainmeter issue per se, but it affects it too.

Like the subject states, this is happening after the 2nd re-installation of Rainmeter, I started getting some weirdly aliased text - they looked normal before, but, even without any changes, they looked messy, so, I changed the settings in "Adjust ClearType Text" or "ClearType Text Tuner", and finally, got settings messed-up even more. This does not have an option for Resetting Setting/Reverting to Defaults.

Can anyone who did not touch these settings give me what are the ones are the defaults?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by ZXCVBOT on October 29th, 2023, 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: ClearType Text

Post by Yincognito »

ZXCVBOT wrote: October 29th, 2023, 1:19 pm This is not a Rainmeter issue per se, but it affects it too.

Like the subject states, this is happening after the 2nd re-installation of Rainmeter, I started getting some weirdly aliased text - they looked normal before, but, even without any changes, they looked messy, so, I changed the settings in "Adjust ClearType Text" or "ClearType Text Tuner", and finally, got settings messed-up even more. This does not have an option for Resetting Setting/Reverting to Defaults.

Can anyone who did not touch these settings give me what are the ones are the defaults?

Thanks in advance!
Well, I didn't touch them, but I couldn't tell what those "settings" are, since from what I can see it's a step driven process, where the user is asked to choose the variant that looks better from his point of view. Anyway, in my case, these were the choices that were highlighted by default on my system, for the 5 available steps:
- Step 1: left
- Step 2: top middle
- Step 3: left
- Step 4: top middle
- Step 5: top right
I didn't go past the 5th step screen as I didn't want to apply anything and just hit Cancel. I believe you should also take into account the fact that what the process looks for my system might be different from what it looks on yours, as the result probably depends on the system configuration. Normally, I would consider that when applying settings that work well for another system and not mine, but if you have no other choice, well... it's your choice, so to speak (see what I just did there?). :confused:

P.S. Such settings might be available in the registry too, so, if nothing works, you can search for those kind of approaches as well.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
ZXCVBOT

Post by ZXCVBOT »

Whew! It's all back to normal. Thank you Yincognito!
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

ZXCVBOT wrote: October 29th, 2023, 6:41 pm Whew! It's all back to normal. Thank you Yincognito!
You're welcome! :great:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth