It is currently April 27th, 2024, 7:53 pm

An update suggestion for !SetWalpaper

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
tass_co

An update suggestion for !SetWalpaper

Post by tass_co »

Hi everyone,

I would like to suggest that you add a transition effect for !SetWallpaper bang.
In its current state, Bang is switching wallpapers harshly.
I think this situation spoils the aesthetics of the work we are trying to do.
Transmission time and new features can be added to bangs or even removed from bangs and made into a plugin or measure.

Thanks
I don't know where i going from here, but i promise it won't be boring... :great:
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Re: An update suggestion for !SetWalpaper

Post by death.crafter »

While possible, it's not worth implementing. Why I say this is because it is not a native Windows feature. You might wonder how does changing wallpaper from settings results in the mentioned transition. That is just a hack implemented by settings, which basically creates a full-screen window above the desktop containing the current wallpaper, behind everything else, and fades it away, while the new wallpaper is changed.

P.S. wallpaper engine and lively wallpaper take advantage of this to put their wallpapers in place.

Found this out when I was looking into creating a Rainmeter layer over wallpaper engine. It turned out only one such layer was possible (or maybe I gave up early).
from the Realm of Death
tass_co

Re: An update suggestion for !SetWalpaper

Post by tass_co »

death.crafter wrote: September 29th, 2023, 5:29 pm While possible, it's not worth implementing. Why I say this is because it is not a native Windows feature. You might wonder how does changing wallpaper from settings results in the mentioned transition. That is just a hack implemented by settings, which basically creates a full-screen window above the desktop containing the current wallpaper, behind everything else, and fades it away, while the new wallpaper is changed.

P.S. wallpaper engine and lively wallpaper take advantage of this to put their wallpapers in place.

Found this out when I was looking into creating a Rainmeter layer over wallpaper engine. It turned out only one such layer was possible (or maybe I gave up early).
Thank you for your answer
I don't know where i going from here, but i promise it won't be boring... :great: