It is currently April 27th, 2024, 8:21 am

illustro clock

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
MourningStar

illustro clock

Post by MourningStar »

I use this on my desktop with this setup (image attached). It remains displayed on top of everything, i.e. apps, media players, games, screensavers etc. I have used gPhotoshow for years and recently installed a trial version of 'gPhotoshow Pro. The clock does not display with pro but does with older version.

thoughts?

-thx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: illustro clock

Post by Yincognito »

This would normally be for the developers to answer, but it shouldn't happen, the Clock skin should be displayed in front of everything, including your program... :???:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

MourningStar wrote: September 18th, 2023, 7:40 pm I use this on my desktop with this setup (image attached). It remains displayed on top of everything, i.e. apps, media players, games, screensavers etc. I have used gPhotoshow for years and recently installed a trial version of 'gPhotoshow Pro. The clock does not display with pro but does with older version.

thoughts?
When you say "the clock does not display", do you mean the clock is under the gPhotoshow window? Or do you mean it is literally not displaying at all? Important difference...

If you mean the clock is there but just under the gPhotoshow window, then that probably simply means the gPhotoshow is set to "Display topmost" too. In the case of two windows both set to "topmost", the last one wins. Try refreshing the clock, or restarting Rainmeter to make Rainmeter the last app. Maybe that will do it...
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

SilverAzide wrote: September 18th, 2023, 10:41 pmIf you mean the clock is there but just under the gPhotoshow window, then that probably simply means the gPhotoshow is set to "Display topmost" too. In the case of two windows both set to "topmost", the last one wins. Try refreshing the clock, or restarting Rainmeter to make Rainmeter the last app. Maybe that will do it...
gPhotoshow is a screensaver so, no way I know of 'refreshing/restarting' RM without terminating the ss. I will look into that app and determine if it has a topmost setting.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

MourningStar wrote: September 19th, 2023, 12:30 am gPhotoshow is a screensaver
Oh... I was in a hurry and reading it wrong, as gPhotoshop. :lol:

With screensavers, this might be normal, especially if they are displayed in a D3D screen (like games are, if you like) and not on the desktop one (aka the Windows screen) which is used by Rainmeter.
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

from the developer of gPhotoshow : " ... it is possible the issue is related to OpenGL, try the DX version, maybe rainmeter works better with it."

I installed the DX version and this issue is resolved. However, their OpenGL version has additional features not in the DX version, some of which allow me to duplicate the Illustro clock. TBH i have no idea what OpenGL and DX mean. Kudos to the gPhotoshow developer for providing multiple versions.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

MourningStar wrote: September 19th, 2023, 12:30 am gPhotoshow is a screensaver so, no way I know of 'refreshing/restarting' RM without terminating the ss. I will look into that app and determine if it has a topmost setting.
I agree with Yincognito: never, but never saw any skin of any kind, seeable above a screensaver. When a screensaver is started, no Rainmeter skins can be seen above the screensaver, no matter how the skins are set. Me at least definitely didn't meet something like this and don't know about such a possibility. But don't know the gPhotoshow screensaver either, this is true.
However there are methods to refresh a skin or whole Rainmeter when the screensaver is running. You just have to add the following option to the [Rainmeter] section of any of the activated skins (take care not to forget to remove this option, once you saw what's going on): OnRefreshaction=[!Delay "(5*60*1000)"][!RefreshApp]. With this option added, when you load or refresh the skin having this option, you get a refresh after 5 x 60 seconds, so after 5 minutes. You obviously have to adjust this value (the 5) to the right amount of time to get the !RefreshApp bang executed only after the screensaver starts. So add here a number of minutes larger with 1, than the delay set for your screensaver.
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

balala wrote: September 19th, 2023, 1:01 pm... never, but never saw any skin of any kind, seeable above a screensaver.
never say never. I am witness and it is true! :D
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

MourningStar wrote: September 19th, 2023, 1:42 am TBH i have no idea what OpenGL and DX mean. Kudos to the gPhotoshow developer for providing multiple versions.
OpenGL and DirectX are API (application programming interface) collections generally used to display animations and in many cases three dimensional (3D) graphics on your screen. D3D (which I mentioned earlier) is part of DirectX, so my suspicion proved somewhat correct. It's curious though that it's the DirectX version that works as desired in this case and not the OpenGL one, I would have expected to be the other way around. Can you try and see if you have Hardware Acceleration enabled in Rainmeter and whether toggling it makes any difference with the screensaver versions?
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

Yincognito wrote: September 19th, 2023, 4:01 pm... Can you try and see if you have Hardware Acceleration enabled in Rainmeter and whether toggling it makes any difference with the screensaver versions?
I will try that and report back. thank you.