It is currently April 27th, 2024, 1:50 pm

I miss my Dell Accuweather Widget....

General topics related to Rainmeter.
RandyD123

I miss my Dell Accuweather Widget....

Post by RandyD123 »

My favorites skins aren't clickable to go to the weather channel. I like the 100% transparent ones. No biggie. I miss my Dell Accuweather Widget. It was perfect and sometime in June it just stopped working. So now I have to have 2 skins to get close to the Dell widget.

I am using WeatherZoneAPI by xenium version 1.0. I see that the info is provided by Weather.com but it's just not clickable.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: I miss my Dell Accuweather Widget....

Post by Yincognito »

RandyD123 wrote: August 10th, 2023, 1:39 pm My favorites skins aren't clickable to go to the weather channel. I like the 100% transparent ones. No biggie. I miss my Dell Accuweather Widget. It was perfect and sometime in June it just stopped working. So now I have to have 2 skins to get close to the Dell widget.

I am using WeatherZoneAPI by xenium version 1.0. I see that the info is provided by Weather.com but it's just not clickable.
Any skin can be made to go to a certain site when clicked on it, and it's simple as well: just add a LeftMouseUpAction=["SiteAddressYouWantToOpenOnClick"] in its [Rainmeter] section. No biggie. :D

Of course, this will probably interfere with the click actions of other meters in the skin, if any, but that's another story. Xenium might help in tweaking his skin to do that in a personalized version for you, if you ask him nicely. ;-)
Last edited by Yincognito on August 10th, 2023, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
RandyD123

Post by RandyD123 »

Wow, that worked amazingly well. Thank You!!!
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

RandyD123 wrote: August 10th, 2023, 2:11 pm Wow, that worked amazingly well. Thank You!!!
Glad to help. By the way, it looks like this won't interfere with the similar mouse action when clicking on the temperature, so it's all good. ;-)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

EDIT: Sorry, missed Yincognito's reply. My bad...
RandyD123 wrote: August 10th, 2023, 1:39 pm My favorites skins aren't clickable to go to the weather channel. I like the 100% transparent ones. No biggie. I miss my Dell Accuweather Widget. It was perfect and sometime in June it just stopped working. So now I have to have 2 skins to get close to the Dell widget.

Can't really follow you. Are the skins set to 100% transparency? If they are, you can't see them on the screen. However it is clickable. If you want to say they are not clickable because they are transparent, this is not correct, because even skins set to 100% transparency are clickable, because they are there, even if you don't see them. If on the other hand you set them to Click through, you still can click them, by holding down the Ctrl key when clicking.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: August 10th, 2023, 7:20 pm EDIT: Sorry, missed Yincognito's reply. My bad...
Not your fault, it was "100% transparent". :lol: