It is currently April 27th, 2024, 7:27 am

Happy rebirth day Rainmeter!

Topics unrelated to Rainmeter.
Active Colors

Happy rebirth day Rainmeter!

Post by Active Colors »

3E0C0A1A-B6B2-4A9F-B57B-EF9CE29F6497.jpeg
A bit late but still would like to express the gratitude towards the folks that picked up the development after it was previously abandoned and those that still support the development. Wishing everyone who put the effort to have a wonderful time.

It is also good day to review the version history and history of Rainmeter prior to the version 1.0 before the new team gave it the rebirth.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Happy rebirth day Rainmeter

Post by balala »

I didn't know it has been abandoned, but definitely am glad it has been reborn. It's a great tool, which offered lot of satisfactions over all these years I worked with it. Hope the developing team will still maintain and develop it, for the years to come.
Would be nice to can check the first versions. I mean I'd like to see how, for instance, the first release (0.1 from February 22, 2001) worked. Are these early releases available for download?

Happy Birthday, Rainmeter!
Active Colors

Re: Happy rebirth day Rainmeter!

Post by Active Colors »

The latest version 0.14 before the abandonment is available for downloading from https://builds.rainmeter.net/older/

The versions from 0.1 to 0.9 are available here http://www.shellfront.org/modules-list.php
As far as I know Joel (rootrider) will take down the website soon, so it is a good opportunity to archive the files if somebody desires.
Note that Rainmeter 0.1 was initially developed as a LiteStep module, so you cannot run it without LiteStep.
nek

Post by nek »

Developer team, Brian, jsmorley, Community
Thank you for everything you are doing.

Recent donwload count (github.com only)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Long live Rainmeter and everyone who contributed to it over the years! Keep it going! :thumbup: :great:

Thanks for the history lesson, ActiveColors. I knew some of it ever since I started using it and joined the forum, cause there was a lot of dirt online then about it been "abandonware, its own creator abandoned it" and all that stuff. Me being me, however, and not giving a d... about what everybody else thinks, still gave it a shot as I needed a screen topmost system monitor, and never regretted or looked back. Since then, I've been pleasantly surprised about how much more it can do, albeit my personal needs lead me to a more utilitarian and less artistic approach when it comes to my own skins.

Good to have some links about its complete evolution as well, so thanks for it. :thumbup:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Active Colors wrote: August 8th, 2023, 9:55 am The latest version 0.14 before the abandonment is available for downloading from https://builds.rainmeter.net/older/

The versions from 0.1 to 0.9 are available here http://www.shellfront.org/modules-list.php
As far as I know Joel (rootrider) will take down the website soon, so it is a good opportunity to archive the files if somebody desires.
Note that Rainmeter 0.1 was initially developed as a LiteStep module, so you cannot run it without LiteStep.
Thanks for the links. I definitely will try older releases, when get some time.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

HappyBirthday.gif
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
DanDaBear

Post by DanDaBear »

HAPPY
RE-
BIRTHDAY !
Never underestimate the power of stupid! :D