It is currently April 27th, 2024, 1:59 pm

Social Media Counter

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Social Media Counter

Post by Yincognito »

bkweibley wrote: July 15th, 2023, 7:00 pm This is an awesome explaination of things, I really appreciate it. Im trying to figure out exactly where this code goes though? I am not seeing a webparserdump.txt file in the skins folder or any folder inside of the skins folder. Sorry for asking such a rookie question.
No problem, it's OK to ask anything. The above code goes into a new .INI file you can create and edit via Notepad or any text editor you like. That file should be created inside a new folder you make within the skins folder. For example, it could go into, say, [YourSkinsFolder]\Instagram\Instagram.INI where you'd paste the above code. You'd Refresh All from the Rainmeter right click's context menu to see the new skin (which is basically an .INI file in a folder from the skins folder, like mentioned already), then load the new skin via the context menu, and see it at work. The WebParserDump.txt is created in your Instagram folder earlier once you uncomment the line I mentioned above via editing the .INI file again, followed by saving it in the editor, then right clicking the skin from your screen and choosing Refresh from its context menu.

Or, you could do it like here, if you prefer. Check the rest of the Rainmeter manual briefly to get familiar with the basic concepts.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
bkweibley

Post by bkweibley »

This all worked great! Thank you! Now im on to try to figure out Youtube and Tiktok also LoL
Yincognito wrote: July 15th, 2023, 11:35 pm No problem, it's OK to ask anything. The above code goes into a new .INI file you can create and edit via Notepad or any text editor you like. That file should be created inside a new folder you make within the skins folder. For example, it could go into, say, [YourSkinsFolder]\Instagram\Instagram.INI where you'd paste the above code. You'd Refresh All from the Rainmeter right click's context menu to see the new skin (which is basically an .INI file in a folder from the skins folder, like mentioned already), then load the new skin via the context menu, and see it at work. The WebParserDump.txt is created in your Instagram folder earlier once you uncomment the line I mentioned above via editing the .INI file again, followed by saving it in the editor, then right clicking the skin from your screen and choosing Refresh from its context menu.

Or, you could do it like here, if you prefer. Check the rest of the Rainmeter manual briefly to get familiar with the basic concepts.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

bkweibley wrote: July 21st, 2023, 11:56 am This all worked great! Thank you! Now im on to try to figure out Youtube and Tiktok also LoL
Excellent. I don't know about Tiktok, but I posted some link about YT in my earlier replies, if that's what you need, of course.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth