It is currently April 27th, 2024, 6:55 am

Rainmeter crashed

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
qwich

Re: Rainmeter crashed

Post by qwich »

balala wrote: June 10th, 2023, 7:48 pm In this case try following the "Rainmeter is crashing! What do I do?" link, in SilverAzide's reply above.
This page not found
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

qwich wrote: June 10th, 2023, 5:55 pm Hello, I've already tried all these methods, but it didn't help me, I don't have a crash dump file
You could check the Event Viewer and see if there's any error and such related to Rainmeter and post a screenshot here. You could try booting Windows in Safe Mode and see if it works. You could check if you have the main C++ redistributables / .NET frameworks installed and working on your system. You could try and see if it's not your AV / security stuff which is stopping Rainmeter from running. You could manually edit, delete or post here your Rainmeter.ini file. You could check and see whether your Rainmeter stuff is not by any chance on a OneDrive or similar folder. You could try running Rainmeter with some bang, like "C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe" "!RefreshApp" from the command line, maybe you can see some message or details on why it's crashing. You could capture a video with the issue and post it somewhere on a file sharing site / YT, in case that provides more details on why it's happening.

Of course, all the above assume that your devices and drivers are valid and installed, e.g. that you don't have any exclamation sign or whatever in your Device Manager.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

qwich wrote: June 11th, 2023, 9:07 am This page not found
It seems like SilverAzide has removed his post, so the link is not working anymore either. But here is the post he linked previously.
Yincognito wrote: June 11th, 2023, 12:48 pm You could check the Event Viewer and see if there's any error and such related to Rainmeter and post a screenshot here. You could try booting Windows in Safe Mode and see if it works. You could check if you have the main C++ redistributables / .NET frameworks installed and working on your system. You could try and see if it's not your AV / security stuff which is stopping Rainmeter from running. You could manually edit, delete or post here your Rainmeter.ini file. You could check and see whether your Rainmeter stuff is not by any chance on a OneDrive or similar folder. You could try running Rainmeter with some bang, like "C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe" "!RefreshApp" from the command line, maybe you can see some message or details on why it's crashing. You could capture a video with the issue and post it somewhere on a file sharing site / YT, in case that provides more details on why it's happening.
Or one more thing I'd try is a Clean Uninstall, as described here.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: June 11th, 2023, 3:40 pmOr one more thing I'd try is a Clean Uninstall, as described here.
That too, yep. :thumbup:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

balala wrote: June 11th, 2023, 3:40 pm It seems like SilverAzide has removed his post, so the link is not working anymore either. But here is the post he linked previously.
No, my post was not deleted. The problem is that your link to my post is bad.
qwich wrote: June 11th, 2023, 9:07 am This page not found
The link is this: Rainmeter is crashing! What do I do?
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

SilverAzide wrote: June 11th, 2023, 4:01 pm No, my post was not deleted. The problem is that your link to my post is bad.
:( :? :(
Right. My bad. Instead of the URL of your post, I put the Rainmeter is crashing! What do I do? string in the URL tag of my post. Sorry, my bad. Edited my post in meantime, fixing the issue.