It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 9:38 pm

Deactivating Skins

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Deactivating Skins

Post by Yincognito »

RogerDodger wrote: May 25th, 2023, 6:40 pmI found out that I can put the MouseLeaveAction bang in the [Rainmeter] section of the skin.
Nice - a good adjustment of what I said at the first point from my post, but I believe you'll find out that if you ever want to work with dynamic variables in those bangs (even if now you don't need them), you'll have the unpleasant surprise to notice that they don't in the [Rainmeter] section.
RogerDodger wrote: May 25th, 2023, 6:40 pmLooking through the WebView examples, I noticed that within the script in the html page that WebView opens, it calls a command RainmeterAPI.Bang(' . . .'). Does anyone know anything about this? It seems to be incorporated in the file RainmeterAPI.h.
This is covered at the second point from my post: it's executing a Rainmeter bang. But as mentioned already, this is pointless if the webpage is not under your control. So, it will work with local pages that you create yourself (so you can add the said code), but with online pages that you cannot edit... well, it won't do much.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
RogerDodger

Post by RogerDodger »

Thanks Yincognito. That's valuable information.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

RogerDodger wrote: May 26th, 2023, 3:17 am Thanks Yincognito. That's valuable information.
Yep, unfortunately, due to the nature of the scenario, it can't help in practice as much as we wished for. :(
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth