It is currently April 27th, 2024, 3:47 pm

MSIAfterburner.dll

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
arcanosa84

Re: MSIAfterburner.dll

Post by arcanosa84 »

Yincognito wrote: August 2nd, 2023, 1:47 am Take your time. After all, you only have to read the few lines related to the type of [Section], Option=, or =Value you're interested in at the time you need it, not a whole novel. This can be done in a minute or two, and usually doesn't require reading it again, so it's not an ordeal to do it by any means.

For example, for your previous question about updates, the info about a section's Update, a measure's UpdateDivider and a Ping measure's UpdateRate tell you the whole principle (so reading only under the orange highlighted parts when following these links is enough). ;-)
If I have noticed, I have made modifications to the code you sent me, I have already understood it enough, maybe not to make one, but at least I can use it, for example, I have a computer on my network that connects by two different IP, whether it accesses by wifi or lan, and I put to indicate it in a single icon, because what matters is that this indicated, the code that I mounted works well, you can easily adapt.
I have already been reading things from the manual to understand better. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :welcome: :welcome:
:Whistle :Whistle Learning is the most complete art of life. Just enjoy it. :bow: :bow:
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

How can I make it so that when I click with the mouse instead of opening the folder it opens as a drop-down list, is it possible?

[MeterLauncher]
Meter=BUTTON
ButtonImage=Launcher Small Button #Colour2#.png
ButtonCommand=!Execute ["C:\PortableFiles/BarAccessesBarWork]
Antialias=1

This is part of the code, the rest works fine.
I've been going through the manual but I still don't see how to do that, and I'm trying to modify this skin that has a functional button.

this is a folder where I saved shortcuts to my work documents, but I would like that when I click on the button it opens a drop down list instead of going to the explorer. Thanks :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :D
:Whistle :Whistle Learning is the most complete art of life. Just enjoy it. :bow: :bow:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Yes, it's possible, but you'll have to create that list and the drop down behavior. This doesn't exist in the manual because there isn't a specific option or meter to do it in a standard way like in visual programming, since Rainmeter is not that. Instead, you can create the ELEMENTS of such a list and make them behave the way you want.

For example, such a list can be made out of a couple String meters positioned below one another, which can be either hidden or shown (Rainmeter has both a Hidden option for meters, as well as bangs to !Hide or !Show a meter or a group of meters if you set the Group option on them accordingly, and this is in the manual) on mouse click on another meter (i.e. your button meter above), so that will create the list. Then, assigning a click action to each of the meters in the list to open specific files is easy.

Of course, if you want ALL files from that folder to be displayed in the list, no matter how many they are, then using a FileView measure and a couple of corresponding meters which can be scrolled upon (check the example code for FileView in the manual) is a way to do it. Obviously, the example in the manual is not built as a drop down list, but a fixed one, but it can be made to act in a drop down fashion via hiding and showing the meters in the list, like explained before.

It's a medium to advanced task, of course, but it can be done. You can do it as well, if you start simple, with as few meters/ items in the list as possible. After all, you can always adjust to add more, once you're familiar with the approach.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

Yincognito wrote: August 3rd, 2023, 12:51 pm Yes, it's possible, but you'll have to create that list and the drop down behavior. This doesn't exist in the manual because there isn't a specific option or meter to do it in a standard way like in visual programming, since Rainmeter is not that. Instead, you can create the ELEMENTS of such a list and make them behave the way you want.

For example, such a list can be made out of a couple String meters positioned below one another, which can be either hidden or shown (Rainmeter has both a Hidden option for meters, as well as bangs to !Hide or !Show a meter or a group of meters if you set the Group option on them accordingly, and this is in the manual) on mouse click on another meter (i.e. your button meter above), so that will create the list. Then, assigning a click action to each of the meters in the list to open specific files is easy.

Of course, if you want ALL files from that folder to be displayed in the list, no matter how many they are, then using a FileView measure and a couple of corresponding meters which can be scrolled upon (check the example code for FileView in the manual) is a way to do it. Obviously, the example in the manual is not built as a drop down list, but a fixed one, but it can be made to act in a drop down fashion via hiding and showing the meters in the list, like explained before.

It's a medium to advanced task, of course, but it can be done. You can do it as well, if you start simple, with as few meters/ items in the list as possible. After all, you can always adjust to add more, once you're familiar with the approach.
Ah that coincides with what I saw or read from a post, I have 3 folders one with 13 elements, another with 27 and the last one with 26, they are quite fixed but they vary, I used those folders in the taskbar like all my life, but windows 11 eliminated it, that's why I am trying to use rainmeter to achieve this effect, besides I have been using it for a long time although I don't understand it enough to act on it by myself, but modifying skins already downloaded made by others I have made my desktop what I like. With the last work that helped me to assemble, I reached a top in my taste, and this that I need would be the cherry on the cake.

I am using this image for the button, it is not the one I like the most, because I want to put an icon and a name to identify it more easily, but it could be useful for an example, please help me with this work, if something low level costs me this would be exceeding my limits because of what you tell me. I can pass you the code I am using, although it is not mine, it was downloaded from the skin page. It would be this:

Code: Select all

[rainmeter]
Author=99villages
update=20000
ContextTitle="Neon Settings"
ContextAction=[!ToggleConfig "Neon Space\-Settings" "Option.ini"]

[Variables]
@Include=#ROOTCONFIGPATH#\@Resources\Variables.inc
@Include2=#ROOTCONFIGPATH#\@Resources\Styles.inc
@Include3=#ROOTCONFIGPATH#\@Resources\Links.inc

Color1=#UniPrime#
Color2=#UniSec#
Color3=#Uni3D#

Link1=C:\Archivos Portables\Accesos Barra\Work
Link2=::{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}
Link3=::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}
Link4=D:\Program Files
Link5=::{450D8FBA-AD25-11D0-98A8-0800361B1103}

[MeasureBin]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=RecycleManager.dll
RecycleType=SIZE
Drives=ALL

[meterBackgroundFrame]
meter=Image
x=0
y=0
w=86
h=70
ImageName=#@#\Images/Launcher/Launcher Inverter.png
ImageTint=#Color1#
AntiAlias=1
DynamicVariables=1
MouseOverAction=!Execute [!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ImageTint "#Color2#"][!Update]
MouseLeaveAction=!Execute [!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ImageTint "#Color1#"][!Update]
LeftMouseUpAction=!execute ["#Link1#"]

[meterBackgroundFrame2]
meter=Image
x=80r
y=0
w=86
h=70
ImageTint=#Color1#
AntiAlias=1
DynamicVariables=1
MouseOverAction=!Execute [!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ImageTint "#Color2#"][!Update]
MouseLeaveAction=!Execute [!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ImageTint "#Color1#"][!Update]
LeftMouseUpAction=!execute ["#Link2#"]

[meterBackgroundFrame3]
meter=Image
x=80r
y=0
w=86
h=70
ImageTint=#Color1#
AntiAlias=1
DynamicVariables=1
LeftMouseUpAction=!execute ["#Link3#"]

[meterBackgroundFrame4]
meter=Image
x=80r
y=0
w=86
h=70
ImageTint=#Color1#
AntiAlias=1
DynamicVariables=1
LeftMouseUpAction=!execute ["#Link4#"]

[meterBackgroundFrame5]
meter=Image
x=80r
y=0
w=86
h=70
ImageTint=#Color1#
AntiAlias=1
DynamicVariables=1
LeftMouseUpAction=!execute ["#Link5#"]

[MeterText]
Meter=String
X=42
Y=42
FontColor=#Color2#,200
StringAlign=Center
FontFace=#Font3#
StringStyle=Bold
FontSize=6
Text="#Name1A#"
Antialias=1

[MeterText2]
Meter=String
x=80r
Y=r
FontColor=#Color2#,200
StringAlign=Center
FontFace=#Font3#
StringStyle=Bold
FontSize=6
Text="#Name2#"
Antialias=1

[MeterText3]
Meter=String
x=80r
Y=r
FontColor=#Color2#,200
StringAlign=Center
FontFace=#Font3#
StringStyle=Bold
FontSize=6
Text="#Name3#"
Antialias=1

[MeterText4]
Meter=String
x=80r
Y=r
FontColor=#Color2#,200
StringAlign=Center
FontFace=#Font3#
StringStyle=Bold
FontSize=6
Text="#Name4#"
Antialias=1

[MeterText5]
Meter=String
x=80r
Y=r
FontColor=#Color2#,200
StringAlign=Center
FontFace=#Font3#
StringStyle=Bold
FontSize=6
Text="#Name5#"
Antialias=1
Link 1 is one of the addresses where my folder with shortcuts to my work documents is located.

Thank you very much, and sorry for the inconvenience. :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
Last edited by Brian on August 4th, 2023, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use [code] tags. It's the </> button. Thanks.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

arcanosa84 wrote: August 4th, 2023, 3:02 pm Ah that coincides with what I saw or read from a post
[...]
Thank you very much, and sorry for the inconvenience. :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
Two things:
- the code you posted isn't enough, because it references other files that only you have (I could search for the skin myself, but I won't do that, see below)
- the code you posted is from an old skin, and I don't do ressurrection work for other people's skins, let alone make a fully fledged skin for someone else

That being said, I can help you with a decent start and direction for what you'd like to achieve, with the tweaking and further development up to you. Now, I'm not sure whether this is what you want or close to what you envision since I have no idea if it's actually 3 folders or just 1 you want to include in the drop down list, if you're interested in having the files in the drop down list or not, but this will probably work no matter what...

...[SkinFolder]\@Resources\Launcher.png (same image you uploaded, but correctly attached to the post):
Launcher.png
...[SkinFolder]\Skin.ini (must be saved encoded as UTF-16 LE in Notepad, or UTF-16 LE BOM in Notepad++, so the Unicode icons are seen by Rainmeter):

Code: Select all

[Variables]
FontFace=Consolas
FontSize=12
LauncherW=120
LineW=240
LineH=24
StrokeW=2
LineGap=5
Corner=6
FolderPath="%USERPROFILE%\Documents"
Lines=3

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
AccurateText=1
DynamicWindowSize=1

---Measures---

[Folder]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileView
Path="#FolderPath#"
ShowDotDot=1
ShowFolder=1
Count=#Lines#
FinishAction=[!UpdateMeasureGroup Elements][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
UpdateDivider=-1

[ElementName1]
Group=Elements
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileView
Path=[Folder]
Type=FileName
Index=1

[ElementType1]
Group=Elements
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileView
Path=[Folder]
Type=FileType
Index=1

[ElementIcon1]
Group=Elements
Measure=String
String="[ElementName1]|[ElementType1]"
UpdateDivider=-1
RegExpSubstitute=1
Substitute="^.+[|].+$":"📄","^.+[|]$":"📁","^[|]$":""
IfMatch=^$
IfMatchAction=[!SetOption ElementText1 H 0]
IfNotMatchAction=[!SetOption ElementText1 H (#LineH#)]
IfMatchMode=1
DynamicVariables=1

[ElementName2]
Group=Elements
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileView
Path=[Folder]
Type=FileName
Index=2

[ElementType2]
Group=Elements
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileView
Path=[Folder]
Type=FileType
Index=2

[ElementIcon2]
Group=Elements
Measure=String
String="[ElementName2]|[ElementType2]"
UpdateDivider=-1
RegExpSubstitute=1
IfMatch=^$
IfMatchAction=[!SetOption ElementText2 H 0]
IfNotMatchAction=[!SetOption ElementText2 H (#LineH#)]
IfMatchMode=1
DynamicVariables=1

[ElementName3]
Group=Elements
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileView
Path=[Folder]
Type=FileName
Index=3

[ElementType3]
Group=Elements
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=FileView
Path=[Folder]
Type=FileType
Index=3

[ElementIcon3]
Group=Elements
Measure=String
String="[ElementName3]|[ElementType3]"
UpdateDivider=-1
RegExpSubstitute=1
IfMatch=^$
IfMatchAction=[!SetOption ElementText3 H 0]
IfNotMatchAction=[!SetOption ElementText3 H (#LineH#)]
IfMatchMode=1
DynamicVariables=1

---Styles---

[Texts]
Hidden=1
X=0r
Y=(#LineGap#)R
W=(#LineW#-#StrokeW#*2)
FontEffectColor=0,0,0,255
FontColor=255,255,255,255
StringEffect=Shadow
FontFace=#FontFace#
FontSize=#FontSize#
AntiAlias=1
ClipString=2
UpdateDivider=-1
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# SolidColor "255,128,64,128"][!UpdateMeter #CURRENTSECTION#][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# SolidColor ""][!UpdateMeter #CURRENTSECTION#][!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1

---Meters---

[FolderName]
Meter=Image
X=((#LineW#-#LauncherW#)/2)
W=(#LauncherW#)
ImageName=#@#Launcher.png
UpdateDivider=-1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleMeterGroup ElementLines][!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1

[DropDownBox]
Group=ElementLines
Hidden=1
Y=(#LineGap#)R
Meter=Shape
Shape=Rectangle (#StrokeW#/2),(#StrokeW#/2),(#LineW#-#StrokeW#),(#LineH#*#Lines#+#LineGap#*(#Lines#+1)),#Corner# | StrokeWidth #StrokeW# | Stroke Color 255,255,255,128 | Fill Color 0,0,0,128
UpdateDivider=-1
MouseScrollUpAction=[!CommandMeasure Folder "IndexUp"][!UpdateMeasure Folder][!UpdateMeasureGroup Elements][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
MouseScrollDownAction=[!CommandMeasure Folder "IndexDown"][!UpdateMeasure Folder][!UpdateMeasureGroup Elements][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1

[ElementText1]
Group=ElementLines
Meter=String
MeterStyle=Texts
X=(#StrokeW#)r
Y=(#LineGap#)r
MeasureName=ElementName1
MeasureName2=ElementIcon1
Text=%2 %1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure ElementName1 "FollowPath"][!UpdateMeasure Folder][!UpdateMeasureGroup Elements][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]

[ElementText2]
Group=ElementLines
Meter=String
MeterStyle=Texts
MeasureName=ElementName2
MeasureName2=ElementIcon2
Text=%2 %1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure ElementName2 "FollowPath"][!UpdateMeasure Folder][!UpdateMeasureGroup Elements][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]

[ElementText3]
Group=ElementLines
Meter=String
MeterStyle=Texts
MeasureName=ElementName3
MeasureName2=ElementIcon3
Text=%2 %1
LeftMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure ElementName3 "FollowPath"][!UpdateMeasure Folder][!UpdateMeasureGroup Elements][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
This is a simple code that you could have done as well, bar some little tricks here and there. Ideally, it would have been shorter if using only the [Folder] and [ElementName...] FileView measures for a drop down list with names only, but it looked awkward so I detected the [ElementType...] as well in order to add some file / folder indicator as Unicode icon characters and some existence test in [ElementIcon...]. The meters are simple, just the launcher image, the drop down box rectangle, and the lines with the icons and names. They've been added bangs to show/hide stuff, scroll stuff up and down, and executing stuff on click as necessary. These meters use meter styles to avoid typing the same options for each one of them, and are either highlighted with a different color on hover or reset to their original background color on mouse leave. Most of the things can be controlled by changing the value of the corresponding variables in the [Variables] section, and more lines can be added by increasing the value of the Lines variable while at the same time adding an appropriate number of additional measures (ElementName..., ElementType..., ElementIcon...) and meters (ElementText...).

Feel free to adjust things to your preference. Also, use the links to understand why and how stuff is used in the code. ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

Yincognito wrote: August 4th, 2023, 10:44 pm Two things:
[...]
Feel free to adjust things to your preference. Also, use the links to understand why and how stuff is used in the code. ;-)
I'm already assembling it to tell you how it looks, sometimes I think I ask too much, my idea is not to do all the work, but to guide me at least done for an element I already have the idea of how to replicate it, what I wanted to explain is that I have a folder, only one with x number of elements inside, with only that guide I can put several, but the idea is to work only one and display its elements to select them from a list. soon I will tell you how I did with what you sent me, thanks again. :bow: :bow: :bow:
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

On my pc it looks like this, I just changed the address to go to my folder where I have the shortcuts, I get those weird symbols at the beginning.
:D
The menu is below the icon, can it be moved to the top?

Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

arcanosa84 wrote: August 5th, 2023, 2:07 amI get those weird symbols at the beginning.
That's what you get if you only copy paste the code without bothering to read and understand what I already mentioned in my previous post, let alone check the links I advised you to check. The answer is there, read again and save your .ini file as I mentioned. Both Notepad and Notepad++ allow that, you only have to pay attention to the dropdown menus in Notepad when saving and to the main menu options in Notepad++.
arcanosa84 wrote: August 5th, 2023, 2:07 amThe menu is below the icon, can it be moved to the top?
Of course it can, but I won't do the math as well for you. I'll only tell you that the menu (aka DropDownBox, since lines are positioned relatively to that) and the icon (aka FolderName, forgot to rename it to something like LauncherImage) are #LineGap# pixels from one another vertically, but you also have to consider including the #StrokeW# value. So, there are three questions you must ask of yourself:
- if you want to move the DropDownBox meter to the top, where do you have to move it in the code?
- if you want to move the DropDownBox meter to the top, what value does its Y need to have?
- if you want to move the FolderName meter to the bottom, how much do you have to add to #LineGap#+#StrokeW#, considering the formulas that define the DropDownBox rectangle?
arcanosa84 wrote: August 5th, 2023, 12:22 amsometimes I think I ask too much
Asking is not the problem. The problem is that you must first understand what something does before you consider using or modifying it.
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

[...]

But I did open the links to the tutorials, it's just that it's been difficult for me to understand, if we could talk maybe I'd grab the easiest explanation, and I've been reviewing all the details I could, and there are things I managed to understand, others I didn't. I saved the document with notepad, with an .ini extension and it works for me, except that I get those symbols at the beginning, I would have to review it in more detail, but I did do that that way. I'll keep checking and tell you about the progress. thank you. :confused: :confused: :confused:
:welcome: :welcome:
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

[...]

As much as I read, reviewed, and looked, I couldn't get the icons to appear correctly and move the box up, I did several tests and I couldn't :-( :-( :-( :( :( :-( :-( :confused: :confused: :confused:
Please help me complete the code, I just won't make it. I'm sorry. :oops: :oops: :oops: