It is currently April 27th, 2024, 8:09 pm

MSIAfterburner.dll

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
arcanosa84

Re: MSIAfterburner.dll

Post by arcanosa84 »

Yincognito wrote: July 28th, 2023, 11:45 am SilverAzide is right, we don't do skin requests. That being said, I doubt that what I proposed is complicated for you, in fact it's very simple. Just copy paste that example, choose an IP, check the value returned by the Ping measure (or measures, if you want to monitor multiple "connections") from the log or the meter in the skin, make sure it works and is suitable for what you're aiming for, then, if it is, we can provide a direction for you to make whatever button you want to make. In other words, we need to see that you did something on your own and there's a base from which we can work on, before we would help out with whatever tweaks and stuff you're not able or don't know how to do yet. So, don't be reluctant to try, it isn't complicated at all, and we'll help out if you get stuck in the process.
Perfect I will show my progress and help me, sorry, I did not know the rules, and I do not like to violate them, in a while I will upload what is ahead, thank you. :welcome: :D
:Whistle :Whistle Learning is the most complete art of life. Just enjoy it. :bow: :bow:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

arcanosa84 wrote: July 28th, 2023, 3:47 pm Perfect I will show my progress and help me, sorry, I did not know the rules, and I do not like to violate them, in a while I will upload what is ahead, thank you. :welcome: :D
Yeah, no worries. It's not only about the rules, it's a common sense principle: trying things on your own first helps you understand how stuff works much better, while serving things on a plate only brings a short term benefit that evaporates the next time you have a similar issue. Take your time, relax, have confidence in your ability and we'll get through it once you have something to start with. ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

arcanosa84 wrote: July 28th, 2023, 3:47 pm Perfect I will show my progress and help me, sorry, I did not know the rules, and I do not like to violate them, in a while I will upload what is ahead, thank you. :welcome: :D
As you have been explained in this thread that Rainmeter is a community freeware where the community do many things that keep this verily free hobby infers that all persons involved in a topic are continually maintaining the self-learn method of support.

Reverse engineering the thousands of examples on truthfully have touched in both simplicity and complexity of every part of the practice of freeware sharing and noting where borrowed code comes from so the principle author of any kind of Rainmeter project being shared in the second place, are given note of their authorship of code.

It takes a bit for new learners behind those that know many languages that have the knowledge to help you understand your problem and the ways that might get your desired design cranked up to desired outcome.

Mainly if you are planning a single use solution and not a Rainmeter hobbyist - your problem will just take longer to figure out as everyone available to you are helping simply to enjoy seeing another idea come to solution.

"reverse engineering" = breaking down functioning code until the one thing you are trying to create is working - then you move on to the next idea untila you have both been experimenting on your own, then seeking help from this really friendly community.

Cheers
CC
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

Yincognito wrote: July 28th, 2023, 5:00 pm Yeah, no worries. It's not only about the rules, it's a common sense principle: trying things on your own first helps you understand how stuff works much better, while serving things on a plate only brings a short term benefit that evaporates the next time you have a similar issue. Take your time, relax, have confidence in your ability and we'll get through it once you have something to start with. ;-)
Hello, yes of course, I understand, but in this world, although I like it very much I don't have enough knowledge to advance, but I have made my progress, and I want to show it, I know that I have to change it but you will help me.

[MeasurePing]
Measure=Ping
Adress=10.0.20.199

[MeasureName]
Meter=String
MeasureName=MeasurePing
X=10
Y=10
FontSize=12
StringAlign=Left

But it is not this, rather what I want, is that when that equipment connects to the network an image is activated as a signal, although I can customize it to realize what it is.
Let me know. :bow: :bow:
:Whistle :Whistle Learning is the most complete art of life. Just enjoy it. :bow: :bow:
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

CodeCode wrote: July 29th, 2023, 5:28 am As you have been explained in this thread that Rainmeter is a community freeware where the community do many things that keep this verily free hobby infers that all persons involved in a topic are continually maintaining the self-learn method of support.

Reverse engineering the thousands of examples on truthfully have touched in both simplicity and complexity of every part of the practice of freeware sharing and noting where borrowed code comes from so the principle author of any kind of Rainmeter project being shared in the second place, are given note of their authorship of code.

It takes a bit for new learners behind those that know many languages that have the knowledge to help you understand your problem and the ways that might get your desired design cranked up to desired outcome.

Mainly if you are planning a single use solution and not a Rainmeter hobbyist - your problem will just take longer to figure out as everyone available to you are helping simply to enjoy seeing another idea come to solution.

"reverse engineering" = breaking down functioning code until the one thing you are trying to create is working - then you move on to the next idea untila you have both been experimenting on your own, then seeking help from this really friendly community.

Cheers
CC
Let's see, if I have done things doing reverse engineering, to other themes, and I have managed to incorporate and modify to my taste many skins, making functions that facilitate the monitoring of the parameters of my computer, but with this function that I want to achieve I have had several stumbles, and I have not achieved it that's why I ask for help, it is not a casual modification, I use this program for a long time and I have done things but self-taught, and it has not been sensible, it is time to ask for help. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

arcanosa84 wrote: July 31st, 2023, 2:51 amyes of course, I understand, but in this world, although I like it very much I don't have enough knowledge to advance
Everybody was in the same position as you are in the beginning, but they didn't use it as an excuse for not checking the manual for help or not trying on their own first. Just saying... :confused:
arcanosa84 wrote: July 31st, 2023, 2:51 ambut I have made my progress, and I want to show it, I know that I have to change it but you will help me
Alright, at least you tried, so it's worth something. :thumbup:
Something like this should do...

[SkinFolder]\@Resources\Computer.png:
Computer.png
[SkinFolder]\Skin.ini:

Code: Select all

[Variables]
Milliseconds=25
Alpha1=255
Alpha2=255
Alpha3=255

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
AccurateText=1
DynamicWindowSize=1
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=0,0,0,1

---Measures---

[MeasurePing1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=PingPlugin
DestAddress=www.google.com
UpdateRate=30
OnChangeAction=[!SetVariable Alpha1 ([MeasurePing1]<#Milliseconds#?255:0)][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasurePing2]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=PingPlugin
DestAddress=www.yahoo.com
UpdateRate=30
OnChangeAction=[!SetVariable Alpha2 ([MeasurePing2]<#Milliseconds#?255:0)][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasurePing3]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=PingPlugin
DestAddress=www.bing.com
UpdateRate=30
OnChangeAction=[!SetVariable Alpha3 ([MeasurePing3]<#Milliseconds#?255:0)][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1

---Meters---

[ComputerImage1]
Meter=Image
X=0
Y=0
W=64
H=64
ImageAlpha=#Alpha1#
ImageName=#@#Computer.png
DynamicVariables=1

[ComputerImage2]
Meter=Image
X=10R
Y=0r
W=64
H=64
ImageAlpha=#Alpha2#
DynamicVariables=1

[ComputerImage3]
Meter=Image
X=10R
Y=0r
W=64
H=64
ImageAlpha=#Alpha3#
DynamicVariables=1

[ComputerLabel1]
Meter=String
X=32
Y=10R
W=64
FontColor=255,255,255,#Alpha1#
FontEffectColor=0,0,0,#Alpha1#
FontFace=Tahoma
FontSize=12
AntiAlias=1
StringEffect=Shadow
StringAlign=Center
MeasureName=MeasurePing1
Text=Google#CRLF#%1 ms
DynamicVariables=1

[ComputerLabel2]
Meter=String
X=74r
Y=0r
W=64
FontColor=255,255,255,#Alpha2#
FontEffectColor=0,0,0,#Alpha2#
FontFace=Tahoma
FontSize=12
AntiAlias=1
StringEffect=Shadow
StringAlign=Center
MeasureName=MeasurePing2
Text=Yahoo#CRLF#%1 ms
DynamicVariables=1

[ComputerLabel3]
Meter=String
X=74r
Y=0r
W=64
FontColor=255,255,255,#Alpha3#
FontEffectColor=0,0,0,#Alpha3#
FontFace=Tahoma
FontSize=12
AntiAlias=1
StringEffect=Shadow
StringAlign=Center
MeasureName=MeasurePing3
Text=Bing#CRLF#%1 ms
DynamicVariables=1
Since I don't have your environment, I chose to use Google, Yahoo and Bing as values for the DestAddress option, but you can change them to your desired 10.0.20.xxx styled network IPs. You can have as many Alpha... variables, MeasurePing... measures, and ComputerImage... and ComputerLabel... meters, assuming you match the ending numbers accordingly (if you have more than one of each, that is).

The key in the skin is modifying the Alpha... variables (used to control the FontColor, FontEffectColor and ImageAlpha options in the Image and String meters) to either 0 (fully transparent) or 255 (fully opaque) based on whether the Ping measures' values are less than or greater than an adjustable Milliseconds variable, then update those meters with the new values and redraw the skin. This is done by the [!SetVariable Alpha... ([MeasurePing...]<#Milliseconds#?255:0)][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw] bangs in the OnChangeAction options from the Ping measures (I used OnChangeAction instead of the FinishAction like it should have been because of the bug I mentioned here, by the way).

In case you wonder, the ([MeasurePing...]<#Milliseconds#?255:0) is a numerical conditional. For the other options mentioned above, feel free to check the manual. It's the first help you have, and you shouldn't disregard it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

Yincognito wrote: July 31st, 2023, 2:46 pm Everybody was in the same position as you are in the beginning, but they didn't use it as an excuse for not checking the manual for help or not trying on their own first. Just saying... :confused:

Alright, at least you tried, so it's worth something. :thumbup:
Something like this should do...

[SkinFolder]\@Resources\Computer.png:
Computer.png
[SkinFolder]\Skin.ini:

Code: Select all

[Variables]
Milliseconds=25
Alpha1=255
Alpha2=255
Alpha3=255

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
AccurateText=1
DynamicWindowSize=1
BackgroundMode=2
SolidColor=0,0,0,1

---Measures---

[MeasurePing1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=PingPlugin
DestAddress=www.google.com
UpdateRate=30
OnChangeAction=[!SetVariable Alpha1 ([MeasurePing1]<#Milliseconds#?255:0)][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasurePing2]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=PingPlugin
DestAddress=www.yahoo.com
UpdateRate=30
OnChangeAction=[!SetVariable Alpha2 ([MeasurePing2]<#Milliseconds#?255:0)][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1

[MeasurePing3]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=PingPlugin
DestAddress=www.bing.com
UpdateRate=30
OnChangeAction=[!SetVariable Alpha3 ([MeasurePing3]<#Milliseconds#?255:0)][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1

---Meters---

[ComputerImage1]
Meter=Image
X=0
Y=0
W=64
H=64
ImageAlpha=#Alpha1#
DynamicVariables=1

[ComputerImage2]
Meter=Image
X=10R
Y=0r
W=64
H=64
ImageAlpha=#Alpha2#
DynamicVariables=1

[ComputerImage3]
Meter=Image
X=10R
Y=0r
W=64
H=64
ImageAlpha=#Alpha3#
DynamicVariables=1

[ComputerLabel1]
Meter=String
X=32
Y=10R
W=64
FontColor=255,255,255,#Alpha1#
FontEffectColor=0,0,0,#Alpha1#
FontFace=Tahoma
FontSize=12
AntiAlias=1
StringEffect=Shadow
StringAlign=Center
MeasureName=MeasurePing1
Text=Google#CRLF#%1 ms
DynamicVariables=1

[ComputerLabel2]
Meter=String
X=74r
Y=0r
W=64
FontColor=255,255,255,#Alpha2#
FontEffectColor=0,0,0,#Alpha2#
FontFace=Tahoma
FontSize=12
AntiAlias=1
StringEffect=Shadow
StringAlign=Center
MeasureName=MeasurePing2
Text=Yahoo#CRLF#%1 ms
DynamicVariables=1

[ComputerLabel3]
Meter=String
X=74r
Y=0r
W=64
FontColor=255,255,255,#Alpha3#
FontEffectColor=0,0,0,#Alpha3#
FontFace=Tahoma
FontSize=12
AntiAlias=1
StringEffect=Shadow
StringAlign=Center
MeasureName=MeasurePing3
Text=Bing#CRLF#%1 ms
DynamicVariables=1
Since I don't have your environment, I chose to use Google, Yahoo and Bing as values for the DestAddress option, but you can change them to your desired 10.0.20.xxx styled network IPs. You can have as many Alpha... variables, MeasurePing... measures, and ComputerImage... and ComputerLabel... meters, assuming you match the ending numbers accordingly (if you have more than one of each, that is).

The key in the skin is modifying the Alpha... variables (used to control the FontColor, FontEffectColor and ImageAlpha options in the Image and String meters) to either 0 (fully transparent) or 255 (fully opaque) based on whether the Ping measures' values are less than or greater than an adjustable Milliseconds variable, then update those meters with the new values and redraw the skin. This is done by the [!SetVariable Alpha... ([MeasurePing...]<#Milliseconds#?255:0)][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw] bangs in the OnChangeAction options from the Ping measures (I used OnChangeAction instead of the FinishAction like it should have been because of the bug I mentioned here, by the way).

In case you wonder, the ([MeasurePing...]<#Milliseconds#?255:0) is a numerical conditional. For the other options mentioned above, feel free to check the manual. It's the first help you have, and you shouldn't disregard it.
I have been trying hard, I had located some things but not enough to get to what I wanted, I'm sorry :-( :-( :-( .
I tried what you sent me and it is not even remotely what I could have imagined, it is much better, thank you very much, it is much easier to continue working on it to get it to where I want, for example, not to show the ping time, in this case I do not need it, it is not to remove it just omit it for the moment, I saw how to do it, and well I will change the images and put those that represent my equipment, very good work, it shows that you master the subject, it is a very detailed work, I do not tire of thanking you. In the case of the milliseconds that you put as a variable, my internet pinging google is up to 1200ms is a high number but unfortunately it is so, for my local network is not the same but that little by little I will adjust it, or I will have to make several time variables to define each.
If you can clarify a doubt, the Update=500 is in milliseconds, as well as UpdateRate=30 because I see that as I lose the indicator even when connected, when the connection is not good, that measure is to know how to manipulate it correctly.
I never tire of thanking you for the work done, thank you very much. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

arcanosa84 wrote: August 1st, 2023, 4:28 am I have been trying hard, I had located some things but not enough to get to what I wanted, I'm sorry :-( :-( :-( .
I tried what you sent me and it is not even remotely what I could have imagined, it is much better, thank you very much, it is much easier to continue working on it to get it to where I want, for example, not to show the ping time, in this case I do not need it, it is not to remove it just omit it for the moment, I saw how to do it, and well I will change the images and put those that represent my equipment, very good work, it shows that you master the subject, it is a very detailed work, I do not tire of thanking you. In the case of the milliseconds that you put as a variable, my internet pinging google is up to 1200ms is a high number but unfortunately it is so, for my local network is not the same but that little by little I will adjust it, or I will have to make several time variables to define each.
If you can clarify a doubt, the Update=500 is in milliseconds, as well as UpdateRate=30 because I see that as I lose the indicator even when connected, when the connection is not good, that measure is to know how to manipulate it correctly.
I never tire of thanking you for the work done, thank you very much. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Well, I'm glad this helped and you're happy with it! :great:

As for the Update and the UpdateRate, this is present in the manual as well, but if you didn't check it, I have to repeat what's there. See, the manual should help me too when helping others like you, because it allows me to don't waste time repeating the same things written there (aka the underlying principles in a skin) and focus on the actual coding problem that the user can't solve by himself, so if you're so happy with the outcome, maybe you'll think about that the next time you have a similar issue.

The rule with updates is this: for almost all sections in a Rainmeter code, the total update interval is Update x UpdateDivider, where the latter is by default 1 if not set otherwise in that section. For measure sections that have an UpdateRate (typically the network related ones), the total update interval is Update x UpdateDivider x UpdateRate, so the latter is not in milliseconds, but a factor that Update (which is measured in milliseconds) is multiplied with to get the "real" update interval (e.g. update is 1000 ms aka 1 second and the update rate is 30, then the actual update interval is 30 seconds, since the update divider has not been set and is still by default 1 in this case). So, adjust the UpdateRate accordingly, if you need a different frequency in updating such a measure.

If you lose the indicator for valid connections, just increase the Milliseconds variable until the outcome is more accurate. You can also adjust the 0 in the ?255:0 parts to a greater value if you want stuff to be translucent instead of completely transparent when detected as not connected. Good luck with tweaking things out! ;-)
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

Yincognito wrote: August 1st, 2023, 7:49 am Well, I'm glad this helped and you're happy with it! :great:

As for the Update and the UpdateRate, this is present in the manual as well, but if you didn't check it, I have to repeat what's there. See, the manual should help me too when helping others like you, because it allows me to don't waste time repeating the same things written there (aka the underlying principles in a skin) and focus on the actual coding problem that the user can't solve by himself, so if you're so happy with the outcome, maybe you'll think about that the next time you have a similar issue.

The rule with updates is this: for almost all sections in a Rainmeter code, the total update interval is Update x UpdateDivider, where the latter is by default 1 if not set otherwise in that section. For measure sections that have an UpdateRate (typically the network related ones), the total update interval is Update x UpdateDivider x UpdateRate, so the latter is not in milliseconds, but a factor that Update (which is measured in milliseconds) is multiplied with to get the "real" update interval (e.g. update is 1000 ms aka 1 second and the update rate is 30, then the actual update interval is 30 seconds, since the update divider has not been set and is still by default 1 in this case). So, adjust the UpdateRate accordingly, if you need a different frequency in updating such a measure.

If you lose the indicator for valid connections, just increase the Milliseconds variable until the outcome is more accurate. You can also adjust the 0 in the ?255:0 parts to a greater value if you want stuff to be translucent instead of completely transparent when detected as not connected. Good luck with tweaking things out! ;-)

Hello, I understand more or less, I will read the manual, I did not do it yesterday because it was late and well I got excited with the code, and run questions, but I have the manual ready to start reading it. however it is working perfectly, only as my internet is a little slow the value tuive to upload it, otherwise everything perfect. thank you very much for your help, I have already read the manual, but I have it ready to start reading it. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

arcanosa84 wrote: August 2nd, 2023, 1:10 amI will read the manual
Take your time. After all, you only have to read the few lines related to the type of [Section], Option=, or =Value you're interested in at the time you need it, not a whole novel. This can be done in a minute or two, and usually doesn't require reading it again, so it's not an ordeal to do it by any means.

For example, for your previous question about updates, the info about a section's Update, a measure's UpdateDivider and a Ping measure's UpdateRate tell you the whole principle (so reading only under the orange highlighted parts when following these links is enough). ;-)