It is currently April 27th, 2024, 1:20 pm

How can I make this skin bigger ?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Carabing

How can I make this skin bigger ?

Post by Carabing »

Hi

I have downloaded this skin but I wonder if its possible to make the all bigger and if its possible how can I make it ?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: How can I make this skin bigger ?

Post by balala »

Carabing wrote: May 3rd, 2023, 7:01 pm I have downloaded this skin but I wonder if its possible to make the all bigger and if its possible how can I make it ?
You have two different solutions. Many skins out there have a variable which can be used to scale the skin, but this one specifically has no such a scale possibility, so you have to do it manually. Here are the possibilities:
  • The first, a little bit more complicated (however many will say this is the simpler solution). You have to overwrite all options of all meters of the code, to increase the size of all visible elements. For instance for a double size, you have to double the FontSize options of all string meters and along with this you have to double the W and H options of the same meters and so on. What in this case might be a problem is that you have to reposition the meters as well, to get them same positioned after applying the scale.
  • The much simpler solution in my opinion is to apply an extremely simple TransformationMatrix option to all meters of the skin. Since the skin has no mouse action defined, this is extremely simple applicable (if there would be any mouse action, the TransformationMatrix would be a not viable options, because the mouse actions would be affected. Since there are no such actions, this is not a problem). To do this, add the follwoings:
    • A Scale variable into the [Variables] section. Obviously this variable will control the scale of the skin. For instance to double the size, add Scale=2.
    • Add a TransformationMatrix=#Scale#;0;0;#Scale#;0;0 option to all meters of the skin. Don't forget any of the existing meters.
    • Finally, if you added the above TransformationMatrix options, you get the skin cut off. To make it all visible, add the following SkinWidth and SkinHeight options to the [Rainmeter] section:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
      SkinWidth=(505*#Scale#)
      SkinHeight=(400*#Scale#)
    I think many will say here I'm complicating the things. But I think I'm not. I think this is the simpler solution in this case. Not saying that after applying this second solution, resizing the skin becomes extremely easy: simply rewrite the value of the Scale variable and that1s all.
Elerick

Post by Elerick »

Though I am late, is there a way i can translate this for clocks? I have a really good clock i like, and the letters are clipping, so "Friday" just looks like "Riday." I got no clue what to do, i can send pictures of the code if needed.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Elerick wrote: January 5th, 2024, 7:39 am i can send pictures of the code if needed.
Pictures (screenshots) of code are completely useless. No one will rewrite the code, just to can work with it. Post the code itself or, if the skin uses resources (like images, included files and so on), pack the whole config and upload the package here. Or, if the skin has been downloaded, you can post a link where we can get it.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Elerick wrote: January 5th, 2024, 7:39 am Though I am late, is there a way i can translate this for clocks? I have a really good clock i like, and the letters are clipping, so "Friday" just looks like "Riday." I got no clue what to do, i can send pictures of the code if needed.
A clock skin is just like any other skin, so yes, you can "translate" the method(s) to your clock skin. However, it might not even be needed, since your issue seems to be just a matter of incorrect horizontal positioning. Basically, in the example you gave, "Friday" is positioned too much to the left, which is probably why the first letter is clipped. Scaling the skin won't help in this case, because a skin can only extend towards the right and / or the bottom (i.e. the directions in which the X and Y horizontal and vertical coordinates increase), so most likely a slight increase of that "Friday" meter's X coordinate would solve the problem. Obviously, if then the ending letters become clipped, then those meter's W (i.e. width) will probably have to be increased too. You can quickly try if any of the cases above are true and if such adjustments make a difference.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth